Please Read !!! So Sick One Minute/ Then Gone the Next Minute.!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Nov 15, 2005.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

What is this??? I can be deathly ill one minute, and then the next minute I am just fine...No wonder no one believes me or us at times...I suffer a great deal of nauseau, and flu symptoms alone with everything else, chronic sore throats alot, loose my voice all the time too. Right now I have no voice, sore throat, but presently at this moment am ok. This morning I was deathly ill, vomiting and felt like a truck ran over me...So chronically tired, couldn't get out of bed for the life of me, my nurse came to give me my shot of B12, could hardly make it to the door. I could get dressed to go to some food, and feel ok, then by the time I get dressed I am so dam sick, I can't go. I have actually got to the grocery store and had to leave everything there and come right home. This is what has been happening to me lately, sick on and off...really just a malaise feeling for awhile, then it leaves the next..people must think I am nuts, and I don't blame them, I wouldn't believe me either. What a way to live.....Who else feels like this? or am I just going crazy? or is it the side affects of all the meds...who knows ??? sharon5650
  2. Teri620

Teri620 New Member

Hey Sharon,

Seems like there is something going around right now. With the season changing your allergies might be messing up and giving you hell right now. As for the naseau right now my husband is having the same problem...It better not be contagious or I am going to have to beat the crap out of him. I don't have time to get sick. My mother in law is the one with the FMS so I am taking care of her too. Add a 21 year old with serious relationship problems and two little boys, one is 3 and the other 6 mo and things get interesting real fast. I hope you get to feeling better. By the way...They make some over the counter liquid anti naseau stuff or you can call into your doctor to get some stuff...I can't remember what it's called right now and I don't want to turn on any lights.

Good luck and hope you feel better... Serving hot soup and saltines to you with a cup of mint herbal tea from far away...

Nellie
    The MacGuyver Mom
  3. abbylee

abbylee New Member

And it's not the meds. It's fms. I could have written your post. It's the weirdest sickness that I've ever seen!

I've about worn out my welcome in the grocery store for doing the very thing you've done. They don't like it when they have to put the groceries back when I leave without them!!

abbylee
  4. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

5. jaltair

jaltair New Member

EMETROL - relieves nausea pretty well if you need something. Pretty benign and is over the counter.

No, you are not going crazy. I have some of the same thing going on. Sometimes to the point of feeling really good and forgetting that I have FMS / CFS, then wham! It all hits again.

I think that it's the "nature of the beast."

Warm hugs, Jeannette
  6. Kat_in_Texas

Kat_in_Texas New Member

AMEN, SISTER! :)

Sometimes I question whether the pain/illness IS really in my head for that very reason ... I'll be feeling fine one minute, writhing in pain the next, then 1/2 an hour later I'm back to being okay. Or sitting at my desk working away, happy as you please, and *boom* a wave of nausea and fever-like chills will wash over me so bad that I can't keep my head up straight. It's so darn freaky!

It really makes me crazy to lay in bed and just about the time I start to fall asleep, my leg will start hurting. Then the pain instantly moves to my shoulder, then my chest, etc. I lay completely still and just feel it move all over my body. That's the time I question it the most. Am I THINKING about pain so it starts hurting? AM I MAKING IT UP????? At times like that I don't know what's real, what's not, if I'm crazy or if I'm truly sick. I wish I knew.

You're certainly not alone, Sharon!

Kat

[This Message was Edited on 11/15/2005]