PLEASE READ THIS! I NEED HELP WITH THIS ONE.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ginny, Sep 23, 2002.

1. ginny

ginny New Member

My name is Ginny,
    I have been on this board for sometime now and seen many changes. I have noticed that more of us are having Lupus sytems or now have Lupus.
    I was dx. nine years or so with Fibro. then three years ago with CFIDS. This last year I now have Lupus with seizures, liver damage, and a kidney disorder.
    I would like to know how many of you that have Fibro or CFIDS now have Lupus. I'm a disabled Lab Tech and it seem to me to be a new trend happening with us. I first visited the Lupus board in 4/02. It seems to have twice as many questions now. I know this is not a Fibro/CFIDS question or is it?
    I am doing my own personal research and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    ginny
    Formaly from the Ozarks now I live in the Houston area.
  2. ginny

ginny New Member

My name is Ginny,
    I have been on this board for sometime now and seen many changes. I have noticed that more of us are having Lupus sytems or now have Lupus.
    I was dx. nine years or so with Fibro. then three years ago with CFIDS. This last year I now have Lupus with seizures, liver damage, and a kidney disorder.
    I would like to know how many of you that have Fibro or CFIDS now have Lupus. I'm a disabled Lab Tech and it seem to me to be a new trend happening with us. I first visited the Lupus board in 4/02. It seems to have twice as many questions now. I know this is not a Fibro/CFIDS question or is it?
    I am doing my own personal research and any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you,
    ginny
    Formaly from the Ozarks now I live in the Houston area.
  3. cpalance

cpalance New Member

Can't answer your question as so far I have FMS. Just wanted to welcome you to Houston.

Cindy
  4. Rosetta

Rosetta New Member

I was dx with fibromyalgia in January of this year. I have tested positive for Lupus but the doctor says I do not have Lupus. I think they are wrong because I have some symptoms of Lupus. I break out in a rash if I get exposed to sunlight. If I drink alcohol, I get sick. I am talking just one drink. I also have a rash at times on my face. This comes and goes so the doctor has never seen me when I have had the rash. I dont think any of these symptoms are because of my fibromyalgia. At times I am so swollen that I cannot use my hands. Doctors what can I say, we have all been there.
  5. ginny

ginny New Member

Hi Cindi and Rosseta,
    It is nice to be welcomed to an area. I live in Baytown, and have a wonderful Dr.
    Rossetta,
    my advise to you is when the swelling or rash appears be persistant with your Dr. make it a point to see him. Because that is when the Lupus will show the most. It might take three times for them to be sure, but it is of the utmost importantce.
    There are so many internal organs that can be effected. I know after almost nine years with the mimicing dd.
    Thank you guys again for your response.
    Hope you have a pain free day. But Cindi I really doubt it with the storm so close.
    ginny
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I have a good friend in Houston with Lupus and FMS.

Stealth infections can cause the virus or bacteria to "drag" the body's DNA along with it and if the immune system starts to recognize the parasite as a foreign invader, it can also perceive its own DNA as foreign. This can set up autoimmune illnesses, such as Lupus and MS.

This may explain why people with MS and Lupus also have FMS.

Love, Mikie
  7. klutzo

klutzo New Member

According to what I've read, it is the Lupus folks who usually develop FMS, at a rate of 35% over the years. I guess there is no reason it could not go the other way also.
    As far as the sensitivity to alcohol, that is a classic CFS symptom, one that is remarked upon in lots of the literature. I have FMS and myself, and one friend who has FMS also have this problem, so it may apply to both illnesses.
    My Naturopath says it is because of over abundance of yeasts, that produce fermentation bubbles in the blood, which she showed me on a dark electron microscope. This means that you are already partly drunk, hence the poor balance, fogginess, etc. Then you take a drink and whammo! I don't know if this is true, but it makes as good a theory as any.
    KLutzo
  8. kadywill

kadywill New Member

for twenty years and then I was dx. with FMS and CFIDS. None of it is a lot of fun, I can assure you. My liver and kidneys are affected and I am hypertensive and have take steroids for many, many years causing multiple side effects. I go to a Hepatologist tomorrow for more tests and probably will have a liver biopsy soon. This all began for me when I was pregnant with my first child.
    Love,
    Kady
    [This Message was Edited on 09/24/2002]
  9. xo4damama

xo4damama Member

It is so hard to say which comes first. I think our bodies know there is something wrong long before we do. For so long my dr's went back and forth with the lupus/ctd/all in your mind thing..finally giving me the FMS/CFS when my blood tests were not positive "enough" to classify me any other way. Not long after that my tests finally did come back positive and they were able to fit me into the next category. I knew it was going to happen, they just made me wait it out. Hard to say which one was really first.
  10. ginny

ginny New Member

Everyone a huge THANKS! I will be starting expermental meds in the weeks to come. I am working with drs. Here in Houston and hope we can make so sense of this before I have to have dyolosis (fog) Anyway all the advise and opinions are great.
    maybe I can use it with my Dr. because I have a bad habit of wanting to be my own Dr. A hazard of profession I guess.
    Thanks again,
    ginny