Please Read--We Need Your Help

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, May 29, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have soooooo many new members that I think it's time to request some cooperation again as most probably are unaware of some rules and courtesies we have here.

Please, make your titles specific, to the point and SHORT. Taking up more than one line in a title means that someone else's post gets rolled over to Page 2, possibly before anyone has had a chance to respond. Being more specific also increases your chances of responses. A title like, "Does Anyone Else Have This?" or "New Symptom" is passed by a lot of times because people don't have time to read each post to decide if they can help. A title like "Chest Pain--Anyone Else" is much better and more likely to get responses.

From time to time, put your name in the Search box and do a search to see if someone has responded to your posts or asked you a question. It is very frustrating to answer someone only to wonder whether the person ever got the info. Let people know you read their responses.

Please use our Chit Chat Forum which is another board like this one and not a chat room for personal messages and posts. We also have a Worhsip Forum and a Writers Forum. In fact, if you click on Message Boards in the strip above, you will see all the other boards like this one. The Chit Chat Forum is a great place to get away from our illnesses for a bit and just kick back and relax. The folks over there are great with their jokes, which will make you laugh, and their trials and tribulations which will make you cry.

You can request prayer on the Worship Forum or simply go there to witness to others. Thurs. nights is our nondenomination Prayer Night. We, in the U.S. and Canada, try to pray at the same time. It is 11:00 p.m. Eastern, 10:00 Central, 9:00 Mountain, and 8:00 Pacific. This is strictly on a personal basis and you can pray or meditate or do whatever works for you spiritually. It is always nice to check the Worship Forum to see who needs special prayers.

Finally, we are not permitted to post URL's here. Many try to sneak by with things like "...magicwebsite dot com," thinking it is OK to spell it out. It isn't OK and it increases Shirl's and my workload. If someone persists in posting URL's it is grounds for being banned and we don't want that.

I know that many of you are not familiar with these rules and courtesies, but now that y'all have read this, please comply so that we can continue to have the kind of support group we all benefit from. Thanks in advance for your help.

Love, Mikie

2. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you are in doubt and new, please check the link on the leftside of this board; 'Message Board Rules', on the righthand side; 'New to the Board? Click here' both are in blue print.

If you do not understand all that is there or are in doubt about something, please refer a post to Mike, myself, or the WebMaster's (Need Message board help? Click here, also in blue) before posting. We will be glad to help.

Thanks for your corporation.....................

Shalom, Shirl
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I actually thought it was ok to sort of give out clues to a URL. I didn't know we couldn't do that. I thought we could give enough so someone could locate something of value to this situation. Thanks for the heads up. dolsgirl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Actually, we can give the name of the website, but we just can't give out the entire URL. I have never had a problem finding a website if given the name regardless of whether it is a dot com or dot org or whatever. Using a search engine will almost always turn up the URL for anyone willing to search.

Love, Mikie
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Geez, this rolled over to Page 3 already and I'm sure not everyone has had a chance to read it.

Love, Mikie
  6. OmShanti

OmShanti New Member

i'd missed it :)
    thanks for the info!

peace~tara
  7. jean615

jean615 New Member

Mikie, I can't email you, sorry, but could you reply to me. so that I can email you direct?

Thanks,

js
  8. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

It seems I have broken a couple of the rules. I'm sorry, I didn't know about the URL's and the Titles. Or about doing a search under my name.
    Guess I have some reading on how to use this board to do.
    Ziggy
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

If you want to email Mike or myself here is the addresses;

mikie-admin@prohealthinc.com

shirl-admin@prohealthinc.com

Shalom, Shirl
  10. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  11. healing

healing New Member

bump bump
  12. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Shalom, Shirl
  13. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

I see lots of messages that give no idea whatsoever
    regarding what the post is about. It would be much
    easier if titles were very specific - or at least gives
    a hint. It's difficult wading through so many messages.
    I don't know how people who don't have laptops do it.
    Prior to my laptop, I had a desktop on a hospital tray
    over my bed.

Bumping, too!
  14. Applyn59

Applyn59 New Member

15. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Well said, Mikie----we all need a reminder now & then to keep our titles concise & specific, & not too cryptic!!

Hugs,
    Pam
  16. Shirl

Shirl New Member

I see that half the people on this board have not made any effort to support us in Mikie's request..............

This is a shame. I am going back three pages to bring posts up that are pushed back because of long Titles by others.

Again, please comply with what we are asking you to help us with.

I am sure none of you who are using the two and three lines in the Title would like for your request for help to be pushed back and get no responses............

Shalom, Shirl