Please refer me to a great PHP/Rheumatologist in Orange County,CA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jackiegraye, Mar 15, 2006.

1. jackiegraye

jackiegraye New Member

Hello, I have been suffering fybromyalgia-type symptoms for the past 2 years and I can no longer work or attend college. I have finally decided to apply for disability, but I need a definative diagnosis and a great doctor who is will to work with me. Please refer me to anyone you know in Orange County, CA or even in the LA or San Diego areas!

Also, I haven't worked in about 2 years, but if I get a job and have to quit in a few weeks or a month because of health problems, will this jeopardize my getting social security? I was fired from my last two-three jobs because of health issues. I really want to try and and work again, but I suspect I will not be able to keep it up very long, and I may have another flare next fall, which could last for months, so I want to be careful. I don't want to make a few hundred dollars only to be unable to work again for a year plus not able to collect social security!

Thanks! :)
  2. spiritsky

spiritsky Member

There is an FFC clinic in Torrence (Redondo Beach area). I've been going there for a while and getting great help. This was the first FFC clinic and my doctor is very good (Dr Whiteman). They really understand FMS/CFS and work with you. BUT, it is expensive, $385 for the first two visits and then $285 thereafter, plus meds and lab work...
  3. lbconstable

lbconstable New Member

Hi,

I see a great rheumatologist in Riverside, CA. I've been under his care for a little over a year and have regained 80% of my energy levels and have had a tremendous decrease in fibro stiffness & soreness.

His name is Dr. Franco. He has a website that you can search for with the search words "arthritis center" and "riverside." I have met several people in the office waiting room that travel from orange county to see him.

Good luck to you!
  4. jackiegraye

jackiegraye New Member

I did see them...Thanks! :)