Please respond if you have BURNING SKIN PAIN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by damz68, Jul 19, 2006.

1. damz68

damz68 New Member

I have been told I have CFS/FM, but I have several symptoms that no one else seem to have. It worries me that my careless docs may be missing something. I am not saying no one has this but I would imagine if someone did people would be complaining, because it is such an awful feeling.

So does anyone here have burning skin pain. My face burns so bad that I feel as if I have a fever. My back, shoulders and arms feel sunburned. Just like a sunburn when I am near The AC the burning becomes a very painful cold all over feeling, frequently chills. Now who here gets chilled in a 75 degree house.

I would not wish this feeling on anyone, but at the same time it worries the heck out of me to be the only one dealing with it.
  2. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

no sweetie you are not alone on this burning sensation.
    I too have it and it is just awful isn't it, sometimes I can't put pants on as I can't have anything touching my upper legs, my shoulders and neck burns like the dickens, I too was told that fibro is the cause for this and I was told to deal with it.

Sorry you are feeling this way.

Ann
  3. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

I have it too. Stomach, inner thigh, inner forearms. Neurontin helps a lot (for me).
  4. sfrazier

sfrazier New Member

I have it all the time. Most of the time I can barely put pants on unless they are really loose. Even a dress or a night gown hurts it. It is in my upper left thigh front to back and then up into the thigh area and then to the but. I go to sleep with it and wake up with it. Not a pain killer around tht i have found that touches it. I did have a shot that lasted for about 5 days and it came right back. By the time I see my doctor again I will be up to a ten again. Even at a 7 it hurts for the shower to hit it. Sucks big time. That is the only place that I have it but now of course since I said that it will strick in another place. Murphys law......SueF
  5. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

Hi

Yes, I was convinced there must be something else going on, but my Dr tells me it is the fibro. I have burning skin on both arms, legs and face. It is often worse on the left side.

I'm taking Neurontin, I havent noticed any affect on the burning, but it is helping with the facial pain.

I've been told that not much can be done for this type of pain.

Take care
    Michelle
    [This Message was Edited on 07/19/2006]
  6. Forebearance

Forebearance Member

I'm no fibro expert, but there are a couple hormones you could check. First, thyroid. Low thyroid levels can cause this kind of pain. Second, progesterone. Progesterone is responsible for maintaining the protective covering of nerve fibers.

Good luck and best wishes,
    Forebearance
  7. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

kolnopin helped me some/.//

jdoei
  8. blessedmom2four

blessedmom2four New Member

i get burning to , thats why i used to think i was dying, well not the only symptom that made e think i was gonna die.

i remember at one point 2 years ago i wrote good bye letters to all my kids and gave them to my best friend.

Now i know i am sick with FM, i think i have CFS as well but never been diagnosed with that
  9. damz68

damz68 New Member

for the replies. I guess it makes me feel somewhat better to not be alone, though I may be only man with this.

OK, if the cause of this is myofacial pain could it be coming from a bad tooth or tmj?
  10. touchmenot

touchmenot New Member

I also have burning pain. Mine is mainly concentrated in chest area and sometimes in left shoulder area. Sometimes the burning is there for weeks and then it may be gone for weeks. I don't know what triggers it. Hope you find some help. Touchmenot
  11. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I have burning pain in my feet everyday. If I wear shoes & sock for too long, they burn a lot and get very red. Since I am no longer working, I can go with my shoes off most of the time but winter will come again, then it becomes difficult keeping warm but avoiding the burn. I would stick my feet in cold water but I also have arthritis in my feet and I don't think that would help that problem much. Just another "bump in the road" I guess.

Judy
  12. singingirl

singingirl New Member

Yes I have the burning skin too. It affects several parts of my body, but for the past month it has been my face. It drives me CRAZY but of course it doesn't have far to drive :)
  13. damz68

damz68 New Member

everyone, and I am so very happy it is not as bad today as it has been the last 2 weeks.
  14. jsholden

jsholden New Member

IN MY FEET! I have had it so bad that the skin even gets inflammed in red. I was in the er once for the muscles spasms. I could barely walk since my feet were buring so bad. The skin on my feet was even red in color and swollen. Welcome to knowing that you really have fibromyalgia. We suffer from everything under the sun. Burning skin is one....
    [This Message was Edited on 07/21/2006]
  15. scrapnurse

scrapnurse New Member

Hey there,

You are not weird and I too have the symptom and had it
    even before diagnosed with fibro. My mother also has it
    and I am having a bout with it right now. I take neurontin
    too for it and it helps most of the time. When I get in a
    flare or have anxiety it gets worse for me.

It is comforting to know that a lot of you are also
    taking Neurontin and that reassures me that my Dr. is
    right on with the treatment.

Michelle J
  16. sisland

sisland New Member

Fm and Mps the burning sensation is always present! unless i'm highly medicated ! I have to do alot of stretching (legs,arms,Torso,) everyday and that helps some!
  17. Lunatic2

Lunatic2 New Member

seems you asked the right people.
    After reading all the comments, I see that it's a common experience for all who have dx of fibro.
    I had the burning feet problem and I thought i would go crazy.Nothing helped that I could figure.It went away as fast as it started.

also, look up information about "PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY"
    (damage to nerves)

I have found that some diseases have no direct treatment to help the symptoms. Sometimes we just have to get through it the best we can.
    I hope you get relief soon.

PEACE
  18. charlenef

charlenef New Member

it seems like a lot of us have this mine is not as bad as it used to be thanks to trigger point therapy. i do at with a tennisball .i only burn bad on days that everything is going wrong.i would tell everone to pick up the trigger therapy workbook its about $20 well worth it. charlene
  19. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

I"ve had it for yrs now. mostly in my upper back and chest.

i don"t even mention it to a Dr ,they would"t know what to do anyhow so I just live with it, sometimes I have my hubby put bady cream on it and that helps it cool down.
    sixtyslady