??????????? PLEASE respond Mangosteen ????????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by IntuneJune, Jun 15, 2006.

1. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

This is the second time in one week I have been approached by two different folks with the same intention.

They are considering becoming distributors of juice/powered supplements because they have been impressed with the product.

I already posted last week about the first, thank you for your response.

Last night a friend asked if I have heard of Mangosteen???
    This is SUPPOSED to be beneficial for folks in general but may be for us even more.

Mangosteen itself is a fruit, an antioxidant.

Anyone taking Mangosteen in a supplement or in the juice form?

There is a nearby chiropractor who sells this, one of her patients is a student in my acquatic class and brought me a brochure. Now this week, I am asked by a health professional if I have heard of it and he is doing his research.

Thanking you in advance for your answers and taking the time.

Fondly, June
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

I took Mangosteen supplement pills for about six weeks and they did not really do anything for me (that I noticed anyway).

I am glad I only spent six dollars on them...LOL

Thanks,

Karen :)
  3. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thanks Karen!
  4. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

but found that it was just a really good antioxidant and I realized that I needed vitamins, minerals AND antioxidants and have found USANA supplements to be the best for me. Ask your healthcare professional to locate USANA Essentials in the Physician's Desk Reference...it's the only nutritional in there.

Good luck!
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I just read about this in Arthritis Today. They say there are no valid studies on this and they aren't really recommending it. I guess there's always the possibility that it will be proven to be helpful. If anyone finds it relieves their pain, go for it!

Kathy.
  6. kriskwon

kriskwon New Member

I drank a whole bottle of it and didn't notice any difference at all. This was probably a year ago! Nice looking bottle though... :>)
  7. usanagirl

usanagirl New Member

I do not sell Xango, however, I do want to ask you...

What's the perception of a pyramid?

People at the top make all the moolah and the people down below do all the work? Right? Isn't that the perception of a pyramid?

First, let me point something out about the perception people at the top make everything and no one else does.

In the typical corporation, do any of the Vice Presidents earn more than the President?
    No.

How about a manager or supervisor? Would they earn more than any of the Vice Presidents? Of course not!

The CHAIN OF COMMAND in any organization dictates that those above make more than those below. Another word for this is delegation, and it happens in every business structure in the world...EXCEPT Network Marketing.

Let me explain.

As far as those at the top making all the cash, the heads of America's 500 biggest companies received an aggregate 54% pay raise last year.

What percentage pay increase did you receive?

Terry S. Semel, CEO of Yahoo, received a $204 Million dollar pay increase last year. Could anyone else in that company, or any company for that matter, request a $204 Million pay raise? Terry S. Semel can, because he has people underneath him doing a lot of work.

A MORE INTELLIGENT WAY TO DO BUSINESS

In the model we suggest as being more intelligent, you, the individual, are given the same opportunity to have leverage just as every CEO does.

Let me show you what makes the Network Marketing structure the absolute fairest structure available.

In most network marketing companies, everyone can earn a certain percentage on the volume sold they bring to an organization. Everyone in the company can earn based on the same principles.

In other words, if you build a larger or more productive organization than me, you would earn more than me, even if you're in my organization. In network marketing, this happens all the time.

Do you know what I call that? Fair!

Shouldn't it be that way? Study any structure. Shouldn't the most productive person in that structure make the most? Of course!

Usually the measuring stick for compensation is an impressive resume or years of seniority. Well what does an impressive resume or years of seniority have to do with productivity?

Nothing!

If you bring more profits to a company, or organization then you deserve more profits than anyone, right?

So the next time someone tells you that network marketing is "some pyramid scheme," ask them who makes the most where they work! :)LOL

Truly,
    usanagirl
  8. matthewson

matthewson New Member

My mother bought me two bottles of Xango for Christmas, so I took it faithfully for 2 months. I didn't notice any difference in pain levels, but I did notice an increase in energy levels which kind of amazed me! I was not doing anything different at the time and I don't suffer from CFS only FMS.

Was it worth it to pay $25.00 a bottle? NO. Was it nice to have some energy without having to pony up the money for it? YES

You could try the cheaper brand and see what you think, but to pay top dollar for xango brand, I don't think it would be worth it.

Take care, Sally
  9. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

This was wonderful input.

Geezzzz as a consumer, I feel sometimes it is a mindfield out there...... so many claims for so many ailments.

I am trying to take supplements in liquid form rather than pill. Just a better delivery system for us..

Thank you again. June
  10. lv2sing

lv2sing New Member

She has no health problems other than OA & HBP. She drinks 2 oz per day, & swears by it. She is off her OA meds. She pays like $35 a bottle, & I'm not sure if her brand is the Mangosteen, but it sounds familiar. She is on her feet in surgery all day, & she says her energy levels are way up. A friend of my parents that had cancer started taking natural supplements, along with the juice (much higher doses than was "normal" daily dose, & his cancer is gone. My mom now has cancer for the 2nd time, & she is trying it. A good site to check out for the juice is www.gojiisbetter.com. Another for supplements is supportglobal-nutrition.com. Hope this helps...As soon as I have the $, I will try it. If I can get off the antiinflammatories alone, that would be great for me. I'm fed up w/ the prednisone, & am now weaning off it for good (atleast I hope!)
  11. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

A friend gave me a panphlet on it and I checked it out a bit. There is not a lot of reputable evidence that I could find regarding it - certainly the claims that it makes make me suspicious.

I decided that it was -supposedly- a lot like Olive Leaf Extract in what it was supposed to do. I already take Olive Leaf Extract and it is a lot cheaper.

So I did not take it.
  12. sues1

sues1 New Member

She has been better, It shows in her postings and I am so happy for her. At least she is not spending big money nor involved with it.

Pyramids also make a good portion of their money by suppling it to their downline....

holding seminars....selling motivation tapes......pamplets...books......brochures.....boxes for their demos......additional supplies to have on hand and a whole bunch more.

Biggest money is made in the incidentals, not the product.

I am happy for Katymac329 though.....susan
  13. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Thank you again.

I am not sure how this fellow was going to become a supplier/dealer but the pyramid may be dead right.

He was only asking my opinion if I had heard of it, which I had, (had been given a phamphlet from a student in my aquatic class so this was a totally different source) and if I knew if it "worked" or helped anyone.

So, I came to the very best place I know, this board!

Thanking you for your continued input.
    June