PLease Respond quickly, I need to email my dr. what do u think??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by reckabek, Jun 29, 2006.

1. reckabek

reckabek New Member

My letter im gonna email the DR...do u think its ok? or do i sound like a drug addict???

Tami, I am still in alot of pain. Just walking seems like a task. I havent excersised since monday, i did very little stretching. I am just so achy, and Tender.

I upped my Neurontin like i'm supposed to. I cannot live in a warm bath 24/7 and my husband isnt here to massage me either all day. The OTC medicines are not working. I have an apointment with the rheumo Augest 3rd, I came in yesterday to get my records from my past DR. who treated me for chronic pain.

I know Dr's don't always feel comfortable giving new patients medications, but this pain is becoming unbearable..... Is there any way possible DR. could scribe me something till I am under the care of Dr. Schwartz? I need to be able to care for my 7 yr old all day.

I hate having to ask for Medicine, I hate taking medicine, but I feel like i'm taking way to many OTC and it doesn't work, and I need to function, this new pain I am just not used to....I delt w/ chronic back, neck and shoulder pain for yrs, this ALL over pain is killing me.

Thanks, the only other thing I was thinking is I have Xanax, will that help my muscle pain. I am just afraid if I use it for muscle aches, I will run out when I actually need them for my anxiety and im not sure if Dr. Glowaski will refill. Thanks, again, Rebecca Long
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

sick of beating around the bush, for meds...errr...

Tami, I am still in a lot of pain. Just walking seems like a task. I haven’t exercised since Monday, I did very little stretching. I am just so achy, and tender.
    I upped my Neurontin like I’m supposed to. I cannot live in a warm bath 24/7 plus once I'm out BAM... and my husband isn’t here to massage me either all day plus even that can be painful. The OTC medicines are not working. I have an appointment with the rheumo August 3rd; I came in yesterday to get my records from my past DR. who treated me for chronic pain.

I know Dr's don't always feel comfortable giving new patients medications, but this pain is becoming unbearable..... Is there any way possible DR. could scribe me something till I am under the care of Dr. Schwartz? I need to be able to care for my 7 yr old all day. I hate having to ask for Medicine, I hate taking medicine, but I feel like I’m taking way to many OTC and it doesn't work, and I need to function, this new pain I am just not used to....I dealt w/ chronic back, neck and shoulder pain for yrs, this ALL over pain is killing me. It feels as if I have no muscle, and with every little activity its like i worked out for HOURS of strenuous work: achy, sore, stiff, unworkable, burning, pain in muscles...that's the worse..its hard to get up and down, and walk. Laying down makes them tighten up and get really tense in the neck. But i feel better, but I cannot lay down all day either, I have to be a mother and a wife.

Thanks, the only other thing I was thinking is I have Xanax, will that help my muscle pain. I am just afraid if I use it for muscle aches, I will run out when I actually need them for my anxiety and I am not sure if Dr. Glowaski will refill. Thanks again, Rebecca Long

so thats what i ended up writing....no response yet....what should i do if they blow me off again about meds...thanks beck
  3. reckabek

reckabek New Member

um im havent been "officially" DX'ed, im in the process...it just all makes sense, but who knows it could be something else. I dont think they r trigger point pain, cause i hurt all over. I know if i touch the few spots i know about, kinda firmly, they shoot..OUCH...he wants me to be on an ANTI Depressant, but i just got off one and the withdrawels and side effects makes me never want to return....so i refused to..but ive been on neurontin before, and it did relieve the severe part of the back pain, but it was still there, i was just able to not think about it 24/7 but when i quit working i stopped that, and have seem to be ok..till this last month..OMG a whole bunch of new things...uggg....the all over body pain sucks...this new dr. doest know me well, im new to the area, he thinks im a loon im sure. but he agree'd w/ fibro and refered me out to rheumy..so time will tell...but thanks again for asking, beck
  4. reckabek

reckabek New Member

I do know i have knots...that trigger. I know it hurts really bad w/ a message, Ive just never been informed as to where one knot or point may affect what area. I do know that when these areas r touched i feel the pain shoot for miles... Is't this normal tho to people w/o fibro? I just know that there r certian trigger points from fibro the "18" and are they the same as what u r telling me about, or a totoally different issue?

I have never seeked points,,, i just know that when i get a message, it hurts...they say they r getting out the knots??? thats not the same thing u r talking about tho is it? but those "knots" are the same feeling i have when i firmly press on the FMS trigger points, that i found looking at the man on the internet w/ red dots in 18 spots..

.hehe...im sorry im confused...thanks, usually the chronic pain i am used to, i would have to agree that perhaps it could be that, this pain is from the little movement i do in life, makes me feel like i climbed mountians and toumbled down for hrs. its achy, over worked, week, throobing...

the original pain, is settled in the back, neck and shoulders, pinchy, shooting, burning, and can go into the jaw, head, down legs and arms, usually left side... do i make sense??? thanks again..beck
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I guess you already emailed your doctor. I always call them and tell them I just emailed you.

I do hope you get a response.

My doc told me that when I was so busy telling doctors I hate to take meds, refusing even mild meds, he said docs are told that is a red flag for people seekking narcotics.

This is why my rheumy exploded on me, accusing me of such.

This seems really unfair as why cannot we just be telling the truth?

My 80 year olf MIL is given anything she wants. Why not someone taking care of a family?

Love and hopeful for you.

Anne Cromwell ...Do try Omerga 3 if you are able and magnesium.
  6. reckabek

reckabek New Member

hey thanks for replying...red flag hu...doesnt everything seem like a red flag??? its like u cannot say anything...what im doing is a red flag. im a red flag...hehehe..my new nickname. yes i want darn narcotics, and give em to me know...but why, im not gonna abuse them, or sell them...i will use them when i absolutly need to...i have pain. real pain...im ready to go to the hospital pain...and pay a whole bunch of money for them to tell me its nothing. its been a month, since i went to him the first time...i was med free, he tryed to give me AD, but i refused...i told him my pains..he iggyed, i gave it a few weeks, again...he seen me, we talked about fibro, refered me out, scribed neurontin, its been one week, i called monday and them emailed today....monday i beat around the bush....today NO more...owell....i know what works, and what doesnt...they dont...UGGGGG...hehe, well thanks again, beck
  7. reckabek

reckabek New Member

yes i do the natural route too...magneisium at night...omegas i get through flax...but....