Please Say A Prayer....Breast Biopsy Update

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by lgp, Jan 25, 2013.

1. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

After working so hard to keep my health optimium, I found out today I have suspicious calcifications in my left breast and I am scheduled to have a stereotactic biopsy in the next week or so; waiting for confirmation call from Radiology Center that will perform the procedure. The breast surgeon explained to me that 75% are benign, but they have to err on the side of caution. I am beside myself with fear. Please say a prayer for me as I tread these difficult waters in the coming weeks. Thanks so much.

Laura
    [This Message was Edited on 01/25/2013]
    [This Message was Edited on 02/01/2013]
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

to you....these things can scare the heck out of women.

I saved my report from one of the only two mamms I ever had and it had that same calcifications report on it.....so many of these are false scary reports.

Then I started my reading and research and never had another mamm....

Let us know how it goes and I'll probably make a couple other comments at that time. jam
  3. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

i will keep you posted....my burden right now is keeping my anxiety in check. i am still dealing with grief over the loss of one of my best friends last march from breast cancer, so the timing of this couldn't have been worse for me emotionally. just want to get through this. i am supposed to go to a gala fundraiser thursday night with all my girlfriends; been looking forward to it for months, and now i do not want to go. my husband is insisting i go, and not stop living my life because of a pending test. thank god i have him...right now he is my rock.

thanks so much for your concern...it means more than i can possibly express.

Take care--Laura
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

are you up on Iodine and Breast Health and so much more. So sorry about your friend, just wondering did she get constant mamms?

I lost a very good friend about 20 some yrs ago at 50something, she had an RN degree and she got mamms all the time....I woke up when she died...it was such a shock as she was doing the "right" thing according to the conventional MD world...

I had kinda forgotten about this for a while and why I don't do "them" and it was because of her untimely death.
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

my friend struggled with breast cancer for 16 years...was stage 4 for 9 of those years. her case was never textbook, and always had complications... and she did not always heed the treatment advice given by her doctors. and in it's most agressive state, she initially opted for lumpectomy when she probably should have opted for the mastectomy that she wound up having anyway. it was just so sad, she was so young with small children when she was faced with all these decisions. she fought a good fight with more dignity than I could ever convey.

I have done some research on calcifications, and God willing, if this turns out to be a benign condition, I may start taking Red Clover. I have read many articles that stipulate that it is effective in stopping and even reversing calcifications.

Take care--Laura
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Sending you prayers that there is nothing serious going on for you.
  7. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Active Member

Read Isaiah 4l:l0 This has gotten me thru many trials and worries. Worry about something does nothing but put God to the side.......instead we are consumed with our thoughts of "what if". He tells us not to worry but to trust him completely. If God leads us to something he will lead us through it, whatever it may be.

I will pray for peace for you and strength for anything that comes.
  8. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Laura,
    Nothing scarier then having to deal with these breast issues. Of the 2 dozen women I know that have had breast lumps biopsied, only 1 had cells that were just precancerous cells.

So the odds really are in your favor, it's just scarier than hell to go through this. God bless and keep you!

kbak

9. Nanie46

Nanie46 Moderator

I am praying for you, lgp.

Ask God to take your fear and replace it with peace that only He can give.

Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding...

Hugs to you!!

10. I am so sorry you're having to deal with this... our DD(s) are challenging enough without the added stress of something like this! It's times like these that we have to lean hard on the Lord and cast all our anxiety on Him. I will def be praying for you... and I am so sorry to hear about your friend... that is heartbreaking... As hard as it may seem, try not to let your mind go there...

Try hard to stay positive... as others have said, the odds are in your favor, so try to think of that and then give it all to the Lord. He's got you in the palm of His Hand... and He won't let you go...

May God give you His peace that passes all understanding...
    Praying for you... Please keep us posted...

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel

[This Message was Edited on 01/26/2013]
  11. ... sunflowergirl gave you an awesome verse... one of my favorites... God showed me that verse when I was going through thyroid cancer many years ago... and it gave me strength and comfort... I hope you will read it and be comforted and strengthened, Laura... God bless you!

Blessings and Gentle Hugs,
    Shel
  12. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

your support, prayers, and kind words mean so very much to me. I will keep you posted on the results.

Laura
  13. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

So I had the stereotactic biopsy this past Wednesday. The anticipation of it was worse than the procedure itself. While it was not really painful, it was about as invasive a test as you would want without the benefit of general anesthesia. There was plenty of novacaine, lidocaine, etc. administered, the tech that never left my side was an absolute angel, and the doctor (thankfully female), was wonderful. The worst part if it was they had to obtain samples from two sites, so once the lengthy procedure was done in one area, I knew it had to be done all over again in the other area. And my neck was killing me afterward. Later in the day, alot of nausea...just slept for the afternoon. And for some reason, that night as I was getting ready for bed, I just had a meltdown I and really started to cry. I think the day was about enough as I could handle, so I just went to bed.

I am so glad this test is over, and I await the results now. I am actually much calmer now then I was before this test. I will keep you posted.