Please say a prayer for me

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

because at 1:00pm Tuesday afternoon I am going in for my MRI
    as you all remember my last MRI I had a severe panic attack on the table, this time they are going to medicate me thru IV, I will update you all when everything is done.

Ann
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

consider it done!! If they give you a IV You will barely know whats going on!!..................................................You are in my prayers tonight!!...................Hugs ......Sydney
  3. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

You have got them my dear!

Just picture us all tomorrow thinking only of you...I will be the one making the crazy faces to take your mind off of things..

good luck
    Tami
  4. kriket

kriket New Member

EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. I THINK YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH THIS TIME JUST FINE. I WILL SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU TONIGHT.

KRIKET
  5. boltchik

boltchik New Member

New here, have seen your posts a couple of times. I believe in the power of prayer and I will say one for you. I'm sure all will go fine! Kim :)
  6. livewire66

livewire66 New Member

Hang in there Ann! Let us know how it goes.

God Bless You and I won't forget you tonight in my prayers.

Big Hugs :)

Livewire
  7. misskoji

misskoji Member

I'm not sure of what your MRI is for, but have been through several. You are going to go through the procedure just fine, specially with that nice "cocktail" (as the anethst. offered it to me) they will give you. LOL. My prayers will be for you tonight, and I hope you update so we can see your results.

Hugs,
    Deanna
  8. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Don't they have open MRI machines now? I am not sure how open they are.

I have to have a MRI tomorrow and requested the open machine. I told them I did not like enclosed spaces.

Hope all goes ok for you.
  9. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

maybe someone can drive you and you can take an anti-anxiety med...

i just close my eyes and just listen to them...one place let me where a cd player...so i just tuned them out...and remember to breath from your belly..

hgus

jodie
  10. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I could not sleep last night becuase of this MRI, I wish i didn't have to have it but the Neuro wanted to see if I have any new lesion. ( I have M.S. along with this lovley fibro and CFS)

They do not have any open MRI's and they did have music playing for me...but I still freaked out. Again thank you all for your prayers and I will post later on to let you know how I did.

love you all, Ann
  11. greatgran

greatgran Member

Hi Ann, I had the same problem so never got mine done..I was scared of the IV so please post on how you did..I am sure you will be just fine..But Prayers for you cause I can so relate...

greatgran
  12. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I just saw this this morning. I didn't know you had MS as well. You have a lot to cope with. I'm sure you'll do fine with the IV but I've sent some more prayers for you.

Good Luck
    Kathy
  13. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Try to relax and keep us updated on your progress! Terri
  14. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I will say a prayer. My DH has left two MRI's during the middle of them. He can not stand it and said the open MRI is just as bad as the normal one.

He now takes Valium before and I have taught him deep breathing and visualization to the best of my ability.

I am glad to learn that you can get an IV because he worries about it for days. He needs another one now and is refusing to go because of the fear.

Please let us know how you did.

((((HUGS)))
  15. mosherpit

mosherpit New Member

How did the MRI go? I saw a commercial last night for a new MRI, in which you sit, it looked far less enclosed and it apparently can see different things than the lying down ones...anyway I thought of you immediatlely when I saw it.

Hopefully you won't have to have any more, but if you do, ask about it. I have had both the regular and the open MRI and the open was much easier to take.