Please Say A Prayer For My Children

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by poets, May 26, 2008.

1. poets

poets Member

My daughter gets her second ultrasound tomorrow. They're going to also check her amniotic fluid levels. Last time she was pregnant they were too high. Also she finds out the results of her three hour glucose tolerance test. Please pray that these tests are normal and that the baby still looks alright.

Also my son Adam who posts on here has epilepsy and he is much more prone to seizures in the spring of the year. Over the weekend he started to get confused and felt strange and we could tell that a seizure was trying to break through. It didn't get him, but stress brings them on and he's concerned about his sister. They are very close. The last big seizure he had was in May of '06 when she was expecting my grandson.

Thanks and God Bless.

Love,
    Meg
    [This Message was Edited on 05/26/2008]
  2. poets

poets Member

My daughter got the results back on her glucose tolerance test and it confirmed she has gestational diabetes. The baby looked fine, and I'm so grateful for that. Her amniotic fluid levels were slightly high, but that's common in gestational diabetes. You'd never guess she had it. She's seven months pregnant, and the doctor thinks that she may be about two weeks farther along than we originally thought. She's so tiny, she only weighs 114. She takes excellent care of herself. But there's diabetes everywhere on her Dad's side.

Please pray that she can control this with her diet because if not, she'll have to have insulin shots. I'm concerned about that because she had a very healthy diet now and I don't see where she could do much better.

Anyway, thanks for your prayers especially you, Patti. We can always depend on you to come through for us, and I'm so grateful for you. I can feel God's love coming through in you.

Love to all of you,
    Meg
  3. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

Dear God, I ask that you watch over and protect the beautiful child soon to be born. I ask also that you watch over his mother and father protect them in your wonderful healing light. I also ask that you watch over Grandma Poets who is worried about her family. Please bless them and keep them safe.

Lord hear my prayer
    Debra
  4. MsE

MsE New Member

Prayers on their way, Meg. This board has helped me so much in the past, I am honored to help someone else.
  5. poets

poets Member

Thank you so much for all your prayers and concern. I will keep you posted.

Love,
    Meg
  6. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Meg,
    Nothing scarier than a pregnant daughter that needs help. Have been there myself more than once. I'll tell you there is nothing like having people pray, and know that that prayer is behind you! Will pray right now for your daughter and son and the unborn babe!

Take care,
    kbak
  7. poets

poets Member

Thanks so much for taking the time to pray. I was with my daughter today. She's doing real well with her sugar and hasn't had to take insulin. She's due August 15th. She seems to have "dropped" since I saw her last. The doctor thinks she may be a week or two farther along than we originally thought.

My son is doing well too. He gets "auras" like he would get if he was going to have a seizure, but they don't set in. If he can just make it until his sister delivers, I think he'll be alright for awhile. They are very close and he frets over her. The last seizure he had was when she was expecting my grandson a little over two years ago.

Hugs,
    Meg
    [This Message was Edited on 06/13/2008]
  8. kbak

kbak Member

Hi Meg,

I understand that vitamin E can be a help with epilepsy, I just don't know if you can take it with all seisure meds or not. I can't think of anything more scarey. Boy being a parent isn't for the faint of heart!

take care,
    kbak
  9. momof27

momof27 New Member

WE'RE A CHILD OF A "KING"