Please say a prayer for our friend Buck Page

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by lovethesun, Aug 22, 2006.

1. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

He started "the Riders of the Purple Sage in the 20's.His group made popular the song"Ghost Riders in the Sky"
    He was a dear man and kind to everyone.He always found Joy in life.Thank You for praying ,Linda
  2. kgangel

kgangel New Member

May you know that he is in my prayers

God Bless you

kgangel
  3. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Please add a prayer from me.
  4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

he left no family so those of us who were close are his family.Linda
  5. tlayne

tlayne Member

I added Buck to the prayer list. I hope it was appropriate. I don't know who he/she is, or what the need is. can you give me some insight or specific requests?

How is your sister? I have been thinking about her. Does she need prayer? Please give her my love. I love you, Tam
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

If you ever heard the song.Ghost Riders in the Sky, his was the group that originally did it.It was their biggest hit. Other songs were Don't Fence me in and Blu Shadows on the Trail.He started the group when he was 14 years old.

In 1995 when Willie performed at the Civics Art plaza.The president of the musicians local was in the green room with Willie Nelson.When Buck walked in Willie dropped everything he was doing to talk to Buck.
    When he won the Living Legend award .Ron and I were backstage.MR Gretsch of gretsch guitars personally put his guitar away for him.What I'm trying to say is a lot of people will miss him very much.
    His closest friends WERE his family .LInda

Thanks for your prayers[This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]