Please Send Prayers Or Good Thoughts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hippo, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Hippo

Hippo New Member

for me tomorrow. My Insane Ex is sending me to a rheumatologist to try to get the doctor to declare me "employable." I am 50 and have been sick 20 years, no way am I employable. But I worry that the doctor won't believe me. My appointment is tomorrow morning at 9:15.

Hippo
  2. selma

selma New Member

U - B- U
    take other drs info with you if you can.

Love and huggs, Selma

I'm sending up prayers for you.

[This Message was Edited on 04/07/2003]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love, Mikie
  4. Hippo

Hippo New Member

I am taking six doctor's letters with me just in case. I will post tomorrow after my appointment.

Hippo
  5. wolflake46

wolflake46 New Member

Hippo,

My thoughts and prayers are with you hope everything turns out okay. Keep us posted.

Diane
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Good luck, I'll be hoping & praying it all goes well for you! BE HONEST----I don't think you can lose that way, if you sincerely tell your story---only those of us who suffer can truly appreciate how this DD affects us, but just honestly tell everything you go (and have gone) through. And the supportive doctor's letters can't hurt either! I'll be thinking good thoughts for you, let us know how it goes!!

Victory Hugs,
    Pam
  7. mapessd

mapessd New Member

Best of luck and you are in my prayers
    Hugs
    Sue

Ps why ???
  8. Sunrise

Sunrise New Member

Hi I am tha new kid on the block. I wanted to wish you luck. My prayers are for the best for you. Everything will be ok. Sunrise
  9. kerrymygirl

kerrymygirl New Member

Be prepared as it sounds like you are. We are here for you.

We know how intimidating aome docs can be. You are owed good treatment and help....... Hugsssssss
  10. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Thank you everyone, but I have two comments for Sue and Kerrymygirl. First, to Sue, I am not sure what you are asking "WHY?" about. But I am assuming you are wondering why I am worried and need prayers. It's because my husband is divorcing me and claiming that I can work full-time. He is the one who paid for this doctor and I am worried that he will be pre-disposed against me. I can't actually PROVE the kind of pain I'm in, and I am fearful that he will be skeptical and blow me off. To Kerrymygirl: thank you, but this visit is only for the purpose of an evaluation to see if I am employable. This guy is not going to treat me. This is a one-shot deal. I'm sure I could benefit from treatment, but this doctor is not on our insurance plan, and I am not going to see him again after tomorrow. Thank you again everyone for your concern. It means a lot to me.

Hippo
  11. Hippo

Hippo New Member

Okay, here's the deal. My Ex's LAWYER chose the doctor, and she is quite ethical, in fact she is good friends with my lawyer. My lawyer knows the doctor personally and professionally, and she says he won't lie. Ex's lawyer has NO agenda to hurt me, only Ex. Ex's lawyer knows how crazy he is and she is just trying to cover her own ass so that he can't try to sue her later for malpractice. I don't feel that Ex's lawyer has any animosity toward me; in fact, Ex lost his temper and blew up at her in front of me and my lawyer--for all I know, she may secretly dislike him. I pretty much have to go to this doctor--I have been assured by my lawyer that he is fair and honest. i don't think there is any bribery going on. Ex's lawyer handled the arrangements, and Ex just provided the check. Ex did not have any personal contact with the doctor and has never met him. None of the professionals involved are going to risk their reputations by getting involved in bribery, especially for such a paltry amount of money. Hope this explains things. Will post later.

Oh, also, if appointment goes bad, then I just have to hire my own doctor to counter Ex's doctor.

One more thing: if I refuse to go to Ex's doctor, it makes me look REALLY BAD. Suspicious, like I'm hiding something.

Hippo
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/08/2003]

[ advertisement ]