Please share stories...need to know how abnormal I'm NOT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TerryS, Aug 28, 2006.

1. TerryS

TerryS Member

Brain issues today...BIG TIME!

Took me an hour this morning to figure out how to average five single-digit numbers.

Kept answering other people's posts 'cause I couldn't seem to READ properly. As a matter of fact, it's a miracle I answered anything 'cause I keep hitting the wrong buttons!

Speaking of hitting wrong buttons, this 100+ wpm typist stinks today!

Words kept coming out garbled and stuttered. Not only MY mouth, BUT EVERYONE ELSE'S, TOO!!!

Can't stay on task...keep losing my paperwork.

Where's the remote? The telephone?

Forgot to put the dog out so he tinkled (urinated) in the kitchen.

And I'm sure there were many, many more today...just can't REMEMBER!!!

YIKES!!!
  2. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I think your symptoms are very discriptive of most of

us here. Some days are better than others but I have

brain fog everyday with fatigue and slight dizzyness.

Mis-spell words all the time that I would otherwise have

easily written!

How long have you been dealing with your Problem(s)??

Lots or people here can parallel there experiences with

you and should have some helpful advise.

Take Care,
    MRDAD
  3. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

You're right Terrys, that brain thing is tough to deal with.
    Even as I write, I'm having trouble remembering what I was thinking about.

Then there's the mail! What a disaster. Stacks and stacks of junk mail, credit card stuff, notes, bills, advertisements. It never seems to end and I just can't figure out what's important and what's not. Should I save it, or toss it out. Consequently it just stacks up, all over the house.

I think that I need a keeper!

Yikes is right!

Yours, Lil
  4. pepper

pepper New Member

tried to answer the remote control and can't figure out why the phone is still ringing? Or tried to change the channel with the phone?

I did both today.

It is life with these DD's.

Pepper
  5. TerryS

TerryS Member

it was MAD COW from having that cheeseburger in Rome back in 2001!!!

I've been quite fatigued since my CMV back in 2002...but this past 15 months or so have gotten incredibly worse energy wise and with pain and weakness in my arms and legs.

JUST recently started having big time dizziness and brain zaps (that feel like electrical zaps running through my head) with near fainting. (Scary when it happens when driving.

I'm often in a fog or daze, but this SEEMS different. I feel like I have Alzheimer's. This crazy, can't seem to remember basic things just started the last couple of weeks.

Seriously, I called today and made an appointment with a psychiatrist 'cause I wonder if I've totally lost it!

TERRY
    [This Message was Edited on 08/28/2006]
  6. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

Sorry hun but you seem pretty normal to us!!

I do not drive my self much any where any more this past week due to certain things I have been forced to..yesterday I had to take my Daughter and grandson's to meet their father well we were late to the the event because I kept making wrong turns..signs made no good sense to me and trying to get myself back home was an other series of events..

some days I feel like don't even ask me anything I can not give you an answer...some days balancing the check book is out of the question unless I have several hours to get it right..I feel like a bumbling idiot..my family knows what I have but do not even consider that my idot like behavor some times is related..just think oh my god my mother, daughter, sister is a blooming idiot..good thing I like laughing...

What is that old saying about I belive in the here after..I am standing in the kitchen wondering what the heck I am here after..

Your good with us

Tami
  7. TerryS

TerryS Member

Never in my WILDEST DREAMS did I imagine being ALICE IN WONDERLAND and meeting such interesting people!!!

Maybe someone will open a nursing home just for us and we can all be "blooming idiots" together! Sounds like FUN!!!

TERRY

8. TerryS

TerryS Member

Yes, I used to be incredibly organized and able to multi-task, too.

I'm a medical transcriptionist and work at home. I'm having a hard time lately getting out my production (usually about 50 notes a day) 'cause every time an email comes in (from someone in my company), it distracts me. I feel like I have to respond right then and there...can't wait to check those dang emails. Sometimes it takes me 30 minutes to get back to work.

9. rynkat

rynkat New Member

Do you happen to have ... boxes of the stuff that you intend to get to ...one of these days when you aren't so stressed out and your mind is clearer? or am I the only one?
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

This foggy brain thing is our "new normal" I am afraid. I lost my reading glasses for weeks and found them in the freezer. LOL.

But the brain zaps are a different thing. Are you on AD's? Some AD's cause brain zaps and you may need a change of meds.

Paper work! I used to be so organized and on top of everything even though I worked full time and looked after two kids almost by myself. I don't work outside the home any more and can barely manage the little I have to do.

I have my bills automatically deducted from my bank account. But the stuff that is not done automatically sits in my pile for "when I have a good day". When I have a good day I usually forget about it and do something else I have been waiting to do.

That reminds me - I better look at that pile today. LOL

Pepper

11. onlythestrong

onlythestrong New Member

And I'll be on a hunt for days! Listen hon you are NOT alone on this one and so many of us have the same thing and all make fun of it.
    I have to make jokes about it or I'll go out of what little mind I have left.
    And have you realized the more stressed you are about it the worse it gets.
    Try not to stress on it.I'm looking for an island we can all go to and boy what a party that will be!!!!!
    Take care,
    Mary
  12. TerryS

TerryS Member

Party on Mary's island!!!!

YAY!!!
  13. Noahvale

Noahvale New Member

Hi Terry,

Just wanted you to know that I have had the same experiences. Until a few weeks ago I never knew what was going on. I lost my job last week just because I couldn't keep things straight. My family says that they have seen it going on for months now, I am just glad I finally went to the Doctor and have done something about it. Oh ya, the brain zaps....I get those too. I have had them for over a year now..I thought I was just experiencing some kinda crazy women syndrome, but apparently I am not alone. I don't know why they happen either but I am relieved to know that someone else is feeling the same weird thing.If you find out why you have them drop me a line.
    I have to say that I am so fortunate to have a husband who cares and will do anything to make me feel better. Do you have a good support line at home or in the community?
    Good luck to you, and God Bless!

Noahvale---Kathy
  14. TerryS

TerryS Member

The vast majority of my family is very supportive...although, they don't necessarily understand. My mom wants me to walk up and down the incredibly steep hill in front of my house to "build up my strength". Oh, my gosh, I can't hardly make it into the kitchen to eat!!!

My hubby, well, I wonder what he REALLY thinks. On the one hand, he KNOWS I have all these abnormal labs and definite past diagnoses...but, he's a workaholic and I think really expects a whole lot from me than I'm able to give...sigh...I'm afraid I'm a big disappointment to him. I told him he married a "defective" woman. At least I don't throw furniture at him like his last wife did!!!

TERRY
  15. carebelle

carebelle New Member

welcome to our world

I do think mine is part of when I go through exstreme anxiety . I also thought I had "AL's" at one time.I had two grandparents with that. And yes very scary.

medatation helps me.Quite resting is really needed and in time it can get better.I also take antidepression meds

Hope you find help here.
  16. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

That would be something to see wouldn't it? with the fog and the stagger stuggers ...aiming for one direction and heading the other..some of us running into doors..

This could be the reality TV!! this one is a reality though!!!

We have to laugh...keep us going!!

Tami
  17. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

When my baby was little I kept putting the "baba" nipple on the milk-jug, this of course caused delight in my daughter. Now- it's the sippie cup lid. My son keeps a watchful eye on things, poor guy!

I attempted to put baby's jackets and t-shirts on my son.

I found myself in the grocey store with slippers on one day, fuzzy slippers- ouch!

I keep calling myself and wonder why the #@*& my friend is on the phone for hours.

I email emails to myself instead of the intended recipient.