Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KJH_10, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. KJH_10

    KJH_10 New Member

    go about getting a new doctor. I really do not like my doctor, or the doctors office I go to. My first PCP, quit and went back to school to become(are you ready for this....) a science teacher! Hope he can teach better than he was a doctor, he treated me with no respect, and thought I was a young girl trying to get attention. When he left they brought in this younger doctor, who I thought was ok at first, but now he is treating me the same way, like I am a "bothersome" (sp?) patient and he has "better" things to do. I feel like everytime I call the office, the personal here my name and think that I am crazy.... anyways I am sick of all this and would like to know how I can just get all my records and move to another doctor. I do have my own health insurance, so do I have to call them? I just have no clue how to handle this. ( sorry, but my parents have always handled this for me, but now I am "grown up" so I have to handle all this fun stuff.) I would really like any input if anyone can help me !!!!!!!!!

  2. aramat

    aramat New Member

    Hi! My name is Tamara and in response to your post how to switch doctors, you simply call one and make an appointment. I suffered for 2 years and was told by 2 different doctors that i was jkust depressed. They put me on all kinds of anti-depressants (that weren't helping) I was also treated like a crazy drug addict. One day I got sick of it and made an appointment to get a new pcp. The first test he ran on me got me sent to a specialist. Doctors are not gods and they can make mistakes and be wrong. You must advocate for yourself ( no one else cares as much). If you have insurance that requires referrals for specialist's, you must go to your primary care physician and get a referral. You know your own body. If you feel like you are not getting good care go somewhere else (please!) You may have to pay a small fee for records transfer (around $30) but will be worth it if you find a doc who cares about you. Please post again if this didn't help....ok?

    good luck and God bless
  3. KJH_10

    KJH_10 New Member

    Thanks for the replies. I do not know about the university hospital, I will have to look in to it. Thanks. I am going to have to call around for referrels. THANKS!!

    I just hope that I will be able to find a good doctor that cares enough, even if it is only something simple like a runny nose :).