Please Stop using all caps & Breakup long posts

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kalley167, Mar 12, 2006.

1. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

I enjoy reading the posts of all members but I have noticed there are some posting with all caps and not spacing paragraphs in long posts. I am sure I am not alone with this but its hard for me to read these posts. You could be missing out on anothers replies by doing these things.
    Just thought I would ask nicely. I really would like to read your postings.
    Thanks
    K
    [This Message was Edited on 03/13/2006]
  2. kalley167

kalley167 New Member

~~~~~~self bumping so more can read ~~~~
  3. Lindy2

Lindy2 New Member

They are hard to read when they are not spaced into paragraphs and all caps are difficult to read.

Hugs
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

It also helps if profiles are broken up into paragraphs.

To get paragraphs in your profile, simply type < P > where you want a paragraph break. Don't put spaces in between the < and the P and the other >. I have to put it in here, otherwise I'll get a paragraph!
  5. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

that are in all caps or have no paragraph breaks. They are too hard for me to read.

Linda
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

It is really hard for me to read those posts too. I have noticed a lot of all caps posts lately too and I don't mind it on the thread title, but please in the message area, don't post in all caps.

I really would appreciate it. I would like to read all posts but some are just so very long and with either the all caps or no paragraph breaks, it is impossible.

Thanks so much!

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

Someone had to explain it to me, too! It's much easier to read with paragraphs!
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you so much for the tip on paragraphs in the profile area. I have now fixed mine so everyone will be able to read it. It was driving me nuts (doesn't take much)...LOL.

Thanks,

Karen
  9. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I posted this request on 2/04/06...called it "Just a Friendly Reminder". Iddid not mention all caps, though and that is a problem for me to read as well.

I suppose allowance needs to be made for new members and those who haven't seen previous requests.

I know my request was not the first.

Thanks for the reminder because it really is a shame to have to skip a post that someone has taken a lot of time to put together.

Lolalee
  10. pepper

pepper New Member

I have to skip posts that are all caps or are in one long paragraph too. Even though I would like to read some of these posts, I simply cannot get through them.

Thanks for the reminder.
    Pepper
  11. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I also have problems with all caps and no paragraph breaks.

I have just had to skip reading them as they really bother my eyes.

Thanks again,

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

I use to be able to compose proper letters & correspondences but at present it is not easy for me to get coherent sentences together. It takes me forever to compose a post. I have to read & read again & again to try to get sentences that make sense. Proper structure of the email has not been foremost on my list. To make sure I have proper paragraphs is to much for me at the present time. I would be very happy if I could express myself properly both verbally and in written word as I once could but for today that is not happening. This only makes me feel like I'm failing again.

I have not used all capitals because I read that was considered "shouting". It can also be used for people that have pain in their hands and it is easier to type that way. I have considered it also.

I too have lots of trouble comprehending written word so I do understand that but I am not at work or in an English class and I'm just trying to survive and I do not feel that I am alone with these feelings. Please feel free not to read my post or others that may be having the same problem.
    It wasn't meant to offend.
  13. Greeneyes2

Greeneyes2 New Member

I can't speak for everyone, but believe that if you just make a new paragraph every couple of sentences, even if it is not a proper break for one, this will help a lot.

Also, if anyone is having problems with reading the size of their letters on the screen, there is a way to increase it.

Now of course since I wanted to tell you I can't remember how.

Hopefully someone else will remember or I will and will post how.

I don't believe anyone is pointing fingers at any one person, at least I know I wasn't.

Gentle hugs,
    Denise
  14. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

so possibly this is the reason why...i have caught a few and politlely told them we can't use caps...i have done it on accident myself...and i did it when i was new..

that is all

jodie
  15. jakeg

jakeg New Member

This is how you change the font size for your computer.

Click the start button, then go to setting and click on control panel.

When the window for control panel opens find the icon labled display.

Click the display icon, then on the top click on the tab labled appearance.

At the bottom of the window you will see font listed change this from normal to Large fonts.

Click apply, and the font size should be larger, if it is still not large enough repeat above except chosse extra large.

Hope this helps the people that have a hard time reading because of the small font size used by most web sites.

Jake
    X-systems Administrator
  16. smiffy79

smiffy79 New Member

goodpost. its near impossible to read the posts in caps.
  17. katykat24

katykat24 New Member

18. halo52208

halo52208 New Member

Thanks Kalley,

I never thought of asking them not too.

Way to go. It will help everyone and help us to help them.

Halo
  19. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Jake,
    It's a lot easier to do on a Mac. :) lol I have two buttons on here. One to make the fonts bigger and one for smaller.

I really love Safari. :)

Thanks for your help for the Windows people. That was really nice of you. I have Windows 2000 in here that my husband uses, but I just prefer the Mac.

Hugs,
    Faye
  20. kjfms

kjfms Member