please take this in the spirit in which it was written

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nova, Aug 26, 2002.

1. nova

nova New Member

I have been trying to catch up on my reading as I was quite ill this weekend. I have read thet Jackie is leaving ( I never forund out why). I then began reading a lot of posts about this one and that one snapping. I find this site extremely helpful. We all have different physicians with different treatment ideas. I feel extreme joy for everyone who has found relief in whatever manner that they have found it. (Now the lecture part)

I think everyone (including myself) needs to try to remember that we are a family Albeit an odd one. In families people sometimes say hurtful things because of problems in their own world, or in an attempt to help, or sometimes out of the sheer frustration that we all feel over this terrible group of diseases for which there is no one cure.

If everyone would think before they take things too personally. Realize that the majority of the people on this board are trying to help, and chose to not get drawn into someone else's anger.

I knoe there have been times that I have read someone's post and wanted to reply with a remark like IDIOT, but I try to remember that EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. And remarks like that help no one.

I enjoy reading this board and learning that I am not alone in this. That I can write about something without having to constantly explain.

Please understand this is not a criticism of ANYONE in particular. I just felt the need to jot this down after reading some of the posts of recent days. We are like a family. And we all have good and bad days.

This was not meant to offend and I apologise if this has offended anyone that was not my intention.

Love to all

Tara
  2. nova

nova New Member

I have been trying to catch up on my reading as I was quite ill this weekend. I have read thet Jackie is leaving ( I never forund out why). I then began reading a lot of posts about this one and that one snapping. I find this site extremely helpful. We all have different physicians with different treatment ideas. I feel extreme joy for everyone who has found relief in whatever manner that they have found it. (Now the lecture part)

I think everyone (including myself) needs to try to remember that we are a family Albeit an odd one. In families people sometimes say hurtful things because of problems in their own world, or in an attempt to help, or sometimes out of the sheer frustration that we all feel over this terrible group of diseases for which there is no one cure.

If everyone would think before they take things too personally. Realize that the majority of the people on this board are trying to help, and chose to not get drawn into someone else's anger.

I knoe there have been times that I have read someone's post and wanted to reply with a remark like IDIOT, but I try to remember that EVERYONE is entitled to an opinion. And remarks like that help no one.

I enjoy reading this board and learning that I am not alone in this. That I can write about something without having to constantly explain.

Please understand this is not a criticism of ANYONE in particular. I just felt the need to jot this down after reading some of the posts of recent days. We are like a family. And we all have good and bad days.

This was not meant to offend and I apologise if this has offended anyone that was not my intention.

Love to all

Tara
  3. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Tara, I think your remarks are kind and it is unfortunate that intolerances cannot be overlooked for the greater good. We are a family and this board I credit with saving my sanity during times of extreme stress and aloneness.

This is a unique place, it has ups and downs, as all families do and I pray that anyone who wishes to help or needs help can comfortably come here.

I am usually not afraid to say what I think or feel but since all this censorship began I am afraid to really be myself as I don't want to be "kicked off".

I'd like to throw in that I have not intended to harm anyone by whatever I have said or will say in the future. known cognitive problems and we must remember that when dealing with each other. Love CactusLil'
  4. Suz15

Suz15 New Member

Hi Tara

Im very new here,,,,been just ""browsing". This is my first time posting.

I came here, because I was lost and scared,,,still am. It may sound selfish, but, I need the information that everyone has to give. I dont understand people who dont just agree to disagree. Ive heard the following two expressions, lately....1. Take what you like and leave the rest 2. Principles before personalities.

So far, Ive learned a lot on this site and hope to learn a lot more. Im going to take what I like and leave the rest and if I dont like what someone has to say,,,then,,,oh well,,,I dont like what someone has to say.

Then, when I feel better and more secure in this darn syndrome/disease,,,whatever,,,,hopefully I can pass on my strength (that i have gained from this site) to someone who is brand spankin new.

Glad you all are here
    Suz
  5. MicheleF

MicheleF New Member

I have found such support and comfort from this board. And, as I've said before, this board compared to others I used to go to, is the most positive & uplifting I've seen... even with the recent troubles.

I've learned more from here than I ever would have on my own, from the library and from the members themselves. I'm sure you will too, Suz.

Best wishes to all. Michele