((((((Please tell me How to Cope)))))))

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kgangel, Feb 1, 2006.

1. kgangel

kgangel New Member

I know a lot of you are working and have some sort of fulfillment in your lives from that and caring for your families. I don't know how you do it and my heart goes out to you, I know you work, care for families and are doing it All in Pain!!

I was doing it all too, but just can not anymore. I am home and I am lost. I feel useless and unproductive and wonder why I am here, there must be something I can do to make my life feel more worth while.

I am still cleaning the house making meal and caring for my family the best I can but it is not the same, do any of you know what I mean? There is something missing.

I have lost the Who I am. I have heard taking up things like knitting can be very theraputic and I wondered what do the rest of you do to keep going and feeling like you have not lost yourself?

Thanks for sharing
    God Bless
    Hugs,

kgangel
  2. tramar47

tramar47 New Member

Kg. I understand how you are feeling at this time in your life. Personally I have been at home now for 9 years and still miss my business and my customers. Having made a career my best friend for 26 years and then having to give it up due to illness was so depressing. Now, the children are gone and grown and I have grandchildren and I try my best to do a little with them when I can as they are the sunshine in my life now. I spend alot of time on the computer also and have made some wonderful friends online in a chatroom called Fibrohaven. We have all been together now for over 6 years and I have met many in person and we do have two reunions a year. Meeting people with the same problems who understand helps so much. You must be young if you still have children at home and this is very hard, but each day take time for yourself and pamper and stay in touch with your friends.
    Tramar aka Diane
  3. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

I am the type that "needs" to work out of the home to feel appreciated, useful, etc. Not that my family does not appreciate and need me, but it is not the same.

I am not sure how to help you. Maybe you could volunteer at your local library as a greeter, or something like that? I suppose knitting would pass the time, but maybe it would be more fulfilling to make (sew, knit or whatever) things for needy children or something of that sort.

Just a few thoughts. I personally would really enjoy if I could work part time rather than full time so I could spend some more time at home, but financially it's just not a possibility.

Good luck. You are not useless, and you work hard to take care of your home and family - and that is the hardest job of all!

Leanne
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

tramar and kaiasmom, ty for your replies

Tramar My children are not really young the youngest is 15, I was older when I had him though my oldest is 20 and my husbands girls are 18 and 19 , they are all going to school though or are working full time to be able to go to school.
    I thank you for your suggestions on fibrohaven and other things that help you. I will try checking other groups out, I know that will help.

and kaiasmom, You are right it is hared not working it made me feel much better when I did right not though part time is not even an option. I have some very bad spinal problems and am unable to walk very well and I get light headed and have bad headaches off and on through out the day, there is no way I could consentrate on something for very long or that I could do a cleaning job or teacher aid job that used to give me a lot of fulfillment any more it is just too hard on my body. I am going to try to come up with other things though, and I thank you for your encouragement

Thanks again to you both

hugs

kgangel

[ advertisement ]