Please tell me what a lot of you do to ease the pain!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Jan 15, 2003.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

If anyone out there would like to share with me what methods you use to ease the pain daily, please share with me. Any suggestions are welcome. At wits end at times.
    Would be a God send to wake up one day back to normal like years ago. Forgot what it was like. Would feel like I won the lottery or something to be pain-free again.
    Thanks. Soft hugs.
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Old grandmas tale was that it was for soaking your feet.
    I'll give it a try. Thanks. Soft hugs.
  3. Sky

Sky New Member

You can also use hydrogen peroxide instead of the baking soda Shirrel mentioned. I use this soak all the time, I love it. I sleep like a baby afterwards too!

For location pain, you can use heat. Whether it be thermacare strips, a heating pad, rice socks, hot packs, etc.

Hope this helps,
    Hugs,
    Sky
  4. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Quite refreshing. Thanks.
    Soft hugs.
  5. Sky

Sky New Member

Glad that it worked for you Tedebear. I love soaking in that bath.

If you do the hydrogen peroxide, don't stay in the bath more than 20 minutes. I get the bath water as hot as I can stand it and soak in the epsom salts only for 5 mintues. Then I ad the HP and soak the remaining 15 minutes.

I'm glad it helped for you,
    Hugs,
    Sky
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

These are gentle exercises which I got from my physical therapist. I do them every day; they can even be done in bed.

I also use Epsom Salt soaks when I'm cold or in pain.

Finally, if all else fails, I take Morphine and go to bed.

Love, Mikie
  7. oregoncoyote

oregoncoyote New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro almost nine years ago after surgery to remove a spinal cord tumor. Before the pain got so bad that nothing but narcotics would help, I would soak in a hot bath with epsom salts and apple cider vinegar. The salts help pull out the soreness and the vinegar soothes your skin and cures the dryness caused by the salts. I still do this on a regular basis. Be sure to read the article in Feb. Prevention magazine entitled "Stop your worst pain". It is also on their website. The homeopathic remedies are wonderful but when the pain gets so bad, you have to get rid of it--period!!! It is not good for your body or your mind. Untreated chronic pain is very, very hard on your body. I wish you pain free days. oregoncoyote

[ advertisement ]