Please Tell Me What You Think

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Newswoman, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I've written a letter to my rheumy requesting that he write a letter to my employer. I wanted to see you what you guys think of the letter and if I should include and/or exclude anything.

Thanks for your help!

Dear Dr. --:

My name is Newswoman nd I have been one of your patients since May of 2002. I am writing you this letter to request written documentation of your diagnosing me with fibromyalgia. My request has been necessitated by my employer --. The letter must completed by February 1, 2003.

As a result of the fibromyalgia, I am experiencing fatigue, morning stiffness, muscle and joint pain, and lack of quality sleep. In order for me to telecommute two days out of the week for my job, I need to have medical documentation that I have fibromyalgia.

Your letter should confirm the diagnosis, the date of the diagnosis, explain the symptoms of fibromyalgia and the effect stress has on fibromyalgia patients, and confirm that fibromyalgia is recognized as a certifiable disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act. This information will not be used for the purpose of pursuing a disability claim with the Social Security Administration.

This letter also gives you permission to release only the above-mentioned information from my confidential medical records.

If you have any questions about my request, you can call me at --. Your letter can be mailed to my home address that is provided in this letter’s heading.

I appreciate your time in dealing with this sensitive matter.

Sincerely,

Newswomam
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

he'll do this for you and I hope your employer will accept it for what it is and agree to let you do this. This could help a lot of us who could actually work if certain changes were made. I wonder how I could give my patients their meds from home???? LOL I sure wish I could've done this in some way regarding all of the paperwork I had to do!
    Love and best wishes,
    Kady