please tell me why?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hendrix1968, Jun 27, 2008.

1. hendrix1968

hendrix1968 New Member

Why are only 10% are men?
    Why does my butt cheaks and legs hurt so bad when I don't sit much I lay down?
    Why do people think I'm lazy?
    Why do I feel bad on rainy days?
    Why am I always hot my temp is 97.4 and bp is 126/63?
    Why am I ready to conquer the world until I move?
    Why do doctors think you are stupid when you only want 1 miracle to cure what ails you?
    Why if You pace yourself to slow your body hurts pace yourself to fast it hurts?
    Why is my body punishing me for something I didn't do?

Human nature is to forgive why can't my body forget

2. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I don't know why but one day maybe, they will figure it out. Ruthie
  3. glenda2

glenda2 New Member

why?

only god knows why.but i am with you on the body hurting no matter wat you do or don't do.

i see you are from kentucky ao am i so howdy neighbor.

God bless

glenda
  4. poets

poets Member

I wish I knew why. I wish we could all find something to cure us, or at least make this more bearable. We feel your pain. You are not alone.

Hugs,
    Meg
  5. lillieblake

lillieblake New Member

My butt cheek bones hurt!

I don't know if people think you are lazy - I think I am lazy and that makes me feel bad. Maybe you and I should just take care of ourselves and not worry about what other people think.

Mentally, you are ready to conquer the world - so do it one step at a time. I frequently think I can work full time, take care of my entire house, and party all night - until I get up. You are not alone.

Hope this helps.

Lillie
  6. Jgavi

Jgavi New Member

YOU NEED TO STOP ASKING SO MANY WHYS!!!
    Your going to drive yourself insane!

To many questions in this world we cant answer and the best thing to do is to accept the WHYS and try to find ways to keep the pain away- use the energy in an area that helps your pain.......I am a man with this ladies disorder and I think I know why men get it more than woman...hormones!

I have little testosterone....ha!
  7. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Hi,

1. Because men are slowly being out-numbered in population?

2. It's one of the umpteen facets of the d'd.

3. Because they don't listen to you nor try to understand.

4. The barometer level went down and that bothers us.

5. Maybe your thermostat is broken? Mine is; I tell dr and
    he says "Hmm, no, your temp is below normal." Grrrr.
    He also doesn't believe my ears ring when my pressure's
    up. Drs don't get it that our "normal" is different.

6. Because your mind thinks you can until you get up. I
    make all sorts of plans for the next day when trying to
    get to sleep. Big mistake.

7. Same as #3.

8. Don't know. My energy meter is broken or gone. Can't
    figure out pacing.

9. Your body isn't punishing you. The d'd is punishing
    your body, mind, hopes & dreams. Rotten thing!!

10.Is your bodies' forgetter broken, too? Not fair, when
    the minds' forgetter works overtime. More grrrrr.

Possible help: be as kind to your body, mind, spirit as you can.

Lea.
  8. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

I can let you know that you are not alone !

Here's what I can say.

You've "acquired" one or two DDs that NO ONE knows what brings them on. There is no definative test that PROVES you have either CFIDS/ME or Fibro. Since no one knows of the cause of these DDs , there is no known one treatment or cure that can be used to address it.

The "shotgun" approach is often used. Sometimes something is found that helps , but , most times not. What works for one person will not work for many others.

Why ask why........because we'd all like to know why ! But , the answers have not been found.......YET.

There are people who have it worse than you and those who don't. The variables seem endless.

You AREN'T being punished ! You just have a complicated and complex illness for which the answers for are still being researched.

These DDs have no respect for sex , "financial ranking" , race , or creed. All you have to be is human. Anyone can "acquire" them. And a lot of people with them have been un or misdiagnosed.

There are more than 10% of the victims of these DDs that are men. It's just that there are a huge amount of men that DON'T know what they have! At least you & I know what we are fighting and I'm thankful for that.

Hang in there !!!!! :>)

Blessings ,

b/c
    [This Message was Edited on 06/28/2008]
    [This Message was Edited on 06/28/2008]
  9. skikat

skikat New Member

I CANT TELL YOU WHY BUT I DO HAVE SOME THOUGHTS ABOUT IT.
    MEN DONT GO TO DOCTORS AS QUICKLY AS WOMEN WILL.
    MEN DONT TELL IT AS MUCH WHEN THEY HURT.
    SOME MEN THINKS IT MAKES THEM LOOK WEAK TO SAY SOMETHING IS WRONG WITH THEM

SOME BECAUSE OF THE WAY THEY WERE TAUGHT TO BE TOUGH AS LITTLE BOYS, WILL NOT ADMIT TO PAIN.
    JUST A LOT OF DIFFERENT THINGS THAT I HAVE MY OWN OPNIONS ABOUT. I HAVE THESE OPINIONS BECAUSE, I HAD 9 (NINE) BROTHERS.

4 OF THEM WORKED EVERY DAY AND FELT FINE. THEY WERE PRAISED. 5 OF THEM HURT AND COULDNT HOLD A JOB FOR VERY LONG AT ALL BECAUSE THEY HURT TOO BAD. THEY WERE CALLED "LAZY".

THEY SUFFERED HORRIBLY IN BODY AS WELL AS MENTALLY BECAUSE OF THIER LABEL....

THEY WERE VERY MUSCULAR FOR THEY DID HARD LABOR WHEN THEY DID WORK. SO THEY "LOOKED FINE".

I ALSO HAD 5 SISTERS, ALL OF US EXCEPT TWO HAD IT ALSO. I SAY HAD FOR I AM THE YOUNGEST AND MOST OF THEM ARE GONE NOW. I HAVE HAD IT SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD. MOST OF MY LIFE. I WASNT AS LUCKY AS SOME OF THEM. I GOT THE SEVERE CASE.

I STILL WORKED VERY HARD FOR MANY YEARS SO I WOULDNT BE CALLED LAZY. BUT THEN I FOLDED. NOW I SUFFER EACH DAY.
    WHY??? I DONT KNOW, BUT I THINK IT MAY BE IN OUR GENES, DNA, SOMETHING. AND I DO KNOW THAT STRESS AND TRAUMA ADDS TO IT TERRIBLY.

WISH I COULD HELP YO9U, AND I JUST REALIZED THAT I TYPED IN CAPS SO, PLEASE FORGIVE ME.
    I WILLHOWEVER, DO ONE THING TO HELP, I WILL PRAY FOR YU, FOR I KNOW THAT WITHOUT PRAYER IN MY CASE, I COULDNT BEAR IT.I FEEL SO VERY COMPASSIONATE FOR YOU.

BLESSINGS, SKI
  10. hi all,

i still dont know why either.im sorry that i dont have the answers for you.

yesterday all had been well with me as regards walking around the house.

all i had done was get washed and dressed.

i came downstairs,and just came all over funny.i began body shaking,felt hot,and extremely weak in myself.

i sat down very quickly,and started sucking on a boiled sweet (a humbug).

after a 20 min sitdown,and the sweet,all returned to normal,and i got through my three hour shift at work in the afternoon.

how can a simple sweet,make me recover from the fatigue?

i detox and drink juices in the day,these have sugar in them.

im eating healthy and just didnt expect this sudden fatigue.

a few days ago just lifting up my handbag was fatigueing to me,and my arms are strong,but i couldnt lift a simple handbag.

it had nothing weighty in it.

it happens when i lift a simple toothbrush to my mouth too.its just a stupid illness really it is.

ive been asking myself why?,but i just dont know the answer.

how hard is it to just wash your body?.

its just so crazy what we go through at times isnt it.but try and stay positive.

love fran
    [This Message was Edited on 07/03/2008]
  11. hendrix1968

hendrix1968 New Member

When I was a small boy I was very hyper,cross eyed,mischieviouse.
    I was made out of rubber cause I fell out of trees,barn lofts,top of the house wasn't my parents fault I was climbing things before I could walk.never any broken bones,when I was 6 I started having growing pains and stomach problems at night but was fine the next morning up at 6:00 am outside playing by 7:00 am
    Now I get up at 6:00 am and go outside at 10:00 am most days regardless of how bad i feal.
    Usuall by 6:00 pm I start to feal great no sore stiff muscles do some yard work eat supper go to bed at 11:00 same routine every day.the yard and garden are my little piece of heaven on earth .I hate being inside the house tv sux ¾ of my day is inside lying down am I lazy or crazy? Doctors think fm/cfs is idiopathic doesn't that mean they think it is all in your head? I'm no idiot. The stiffness is really there when I stand up or straighten my legs the muscles are tight even the doctor felt how tight the muscles are.not caused by lack of exercise yard work involves a lot of bending over wich should streatch the muscles but it don't work mowing grass involves walking,pushing and pulling.
    Gardening and floweres I bend over a lot and pull weeds.
    I never break a sweat I keep a steady pace ,drink plenty of water and take breaks .
    Studies recomend yoga what I do in the yard pretty much is?yes/no?
    Every new flower that blooms take me to a different world when I look at it(especially my marigolds some have floweres almost 4" in diameter how amazing the largest I have ever seen...sorry got off subject again).
    And why on rainy days my leg muscles get even stiffer its not joint pain my muscles hurt its not in my head when I first wake up in the morning I have no ideal what the weather is like? How does my body? Bad weather doesn't make me depressed it makes me happy.
    So what's wrong with me is it mental?or physical?
    Any suggestions on what I need to do to feel better?

12. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

I have had this 20 years plus now. I have run the entire gambit of symptoms at one time or another, some come and go and some just stay.

Now I have arthritis on top of it all. It upsets me when I see 80 year old feeling better then I do. I use to manage hotels and worked 15 hour days and had energy left to burn. Now if I get 2 hours housework in a day I am blessed. Hard for a type A personality like me.

I take my pain meds, which help some, but I never completely get over the frustration.

Accupuncture works for some, in my case when I was in Eureka Springs I had a massage therapist who had taken the time to study this illness (few do) and she gave me a tremendous amount of relief from this even though I thought the deep tissue massage would kill me some days.

I have no other answers but wish I did.
  13. texangal81

texangal81 New Member

Idiopathic simply means they don't know. It doesn't suggest it is all in your mind. From Wikipedia:

Idiopathic is an adjective used primarily in medicine meaning arising spontaneously or from an obscure or unknown cause.

The doctor is being honest and telling you "We just don't know". I'm beginning to suspect my ex-fiance might have this, which would be rather ironic. I have dismissed his ailments for years as being "in his head" because he has had a lot stuff in his life that would drive a sane man crazy. Now I feel horrible since I understand the pain that no one can seem to find a cause for!