Please think positive thoughts for me on Friday!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Oct 9, 2008.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I'm going to a meeting with 5 other people from my job. I don't know any of then very well.---They all work together and I work at another location.

I guess this is like the annual meeting for this company for the areas we service Meals on Wheels.

I have to be there at 6 AM and the ride to the locaton is about 2 hours. I'm snoozing on the way there. :)

I have a hard time being in a room with lots of people and acitivity, but hopefully it won;'t be too crazy there.

I made myself a list of the pros and cons to attending this meeting at its about 1/2 & 1/2 so I'm going to take a chance.

Thank you!!
  2. dc1980

dc1980 New Member

Working for Meals on Wheels is something to be proud of. I have problems myself going to places where there is going to be alot of people whether I know them or not. I worry and worry about it; that is until I get there and all goes away as soon as I see one person I know or sit beside someone I don't know and just start talking. Then after that the next thing I know I am talking my head off to most everyone. Usually I begin having so much fun that I hate to leave.

Believe me, you will not be the only person in the room feeling like you do and the bonus is you get to ride with 5 others. Think of all the people who have to go alone...uggg A couple of years ago if I had to go alone I would drive right by the place and go Glad those years are over.

Hope your day is a blast!!!

hugs, dc
  3. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

Way to go!!

I don't know that I could do it - well, maybe with a little ativan. You'll feel so proud when you get home!

Sue in ONtario