please urgent prayers needed!!!!-update at end of replies[sat]

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by toni.m, May 16, 2002.

1. toni.m

toni.m New Member

they are taking my father in law by ambulance from the Dr, office to the hospital, for Congestive Heart Failure.
    my father in law refushed to call the dr. this am., he was so bad[ short of breath] he could not carry on a conversation w/ me. i went to town to pick up a perscrption for her and went the the dr. office tp see if i could get them to call him att least. well they did and made him go to the office.
    now my mother in law just called and said the are taking him to the hospital by ambulance for congestive heart failure.

please, i know i have been asking for so much, but i really need your help now.
    i will update as i hear anything, i am stuck here w/o a car , so have to wait for someone to call me.

thank you so much, and i continue to pray for everyone also.

take care, toni
    [This Message was Edited on 05/16/2002]
    [This Message was Edited on 05/18/2002]
  2. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Almighty Lord, please watch over Toni's Father-in-law with your guiding hands. His health is poorly and he and his family need you help. Please guide the Doctors so they can make this man well again and please watch over Toni and her family, for they are in need of your light and guidance. I praise you that you have made this family close and that they share with each other continually with love. In your Son's name I pray. Amen.
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Never think you are asking too much when you need prayer! The Lord is always listenig to us, and is there for us.

I will be praying for your father-in-law, and your whole family.

Do try and take care of yourself in all of these trials, and give it all to Jesus!

Shalom, Shirl
  4. toni.m

toni.m New Member

for you kind words and prayers and support. i still do not know much yet, he has an irregular heartbeat,some fluid in his lungs,and he is on oxagen[sp], did more blood tests,and he is going to have a chest Cat Scan and an Abdominal Cat Scan around 8pm tonight[thurs].

my brother in law and his wife is w/ my mother in law at the hospital, thank goodness. i felt terrible as i could not go w/ them to the Dr., as i had to get Drake off the school bus.
    but my brother in law and his wife were quick thinking and drove down to the hospital togather[ about 1 hour and 15 mins. away], so my mother in law would not have to drive home tonight. it is going to be a late night, the tests don't start untill 8pm; then hopefuly we will be able to get some answers.

i will be around on the boards while i am waiting for them to call from the hospital w/ an update, if anyone is posting - the waiting can sure drive me crazy.

thank you again, and please know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers also.

take care, toni
    p.s. it's about 9pm my time[Maine]now, when i posted this.

is it just me, or is everything bigger when you go back and read posts/replies? maybe its just my computer, but i did not notice this earlier today when i posted.
  5. deecrossett

deecrossett New Member

Toni, where abouts in Maine do you live? I just had a shiver run down my spine when I read that you were from there. My Father was born and raised in Yarmouth. I did a search recently at the Ellis Island site and found that my Great, Great, Great Grandfather Millard Ellwell reported he was settling in Maine when he left the island. I think we might have something in common. If not, I would be interested to know about Maine as I have never visited there. Please email me at deecrossett@yahoo.com. Also, now that you have reported things so far with your Father-in-law, we know better what is going on. Thank you for checking in. You and your family are in my thoughts and will be in my nightly prayers. God Bless you all!. Deena
  6. Nonie

Nonie New Member

Dearest Toni ,

HELLO dear ! Honey , your father in law , and your whole family have been in my prayers , and will continue to be . I am so sorry you are going through all this worry right now . As the saying goes ... "Keep your eye on the sparrow" . I sincerely BELIEVE that GOD hears our prayers ! Not just the ones spoken by our mouths , but the ones in our HEARTS as well ! My heart goes out to you dear friend ! Please keep us up-dated ! Much LOVE & CONCERN to you ! (((HUGS))) aplenty ! GOD bless you .

With much love , concern & RESPECT . Nonie
  7. toni.m

toni.m New Member

it helps me alot to know that i have others praying for my family as well.
    i still do not know anything definte, but they have rulled out any damage to the heart, but they found 'spots' on one of his lungs, something on one of his kidneys that they are almost sure is cancer, and are suspisuse[sp] about something that showed up on his liver also. he has gottem another blood tansfusion yesterday[thurs], and they are drawing blood [ to send to the lab] every 4-6 hours. i know they are checking his blood levels[transfusions], but what else they are looking for i am not sure.they were going to draw some fluid from his lung last night, but at the last minute decsided to wait until monday to let his lungs'build up', he is not to walk aroung[ not even to go to the bathroom], and just rest, rest, rest untill monday, then the will draw the fluid from his lung , do a kidney biopsy[thru his nose all the way down the stomache,..?, and also they are going to do a liver boipsy.
    we are to have a family meeting at the hospital, w/ the Dr. when the test results are back- tues,or wens the lastest; to discuse treatment options, just how far and how aggressivly they will treat this depending on what the tests tell us.
    my mother in law almost lost it this morning, she threatened to kick everyone out of the house, and lock the doors, she did not want to go out in public as she could not stop crying,.her Dr. put her on something to calm her down, and take the edge off, as well as hopefully help her to sleep. she has not slept 4 nights in a row.i pray she is sleeping tonight. she was much calmer, and like she was realizing that we just have to take it one day at a time, to we know for sure exactly what we are dealing w/ , and whats going to happen next[treatments,..]
    my father in law did look a little beter, he had some color n his face, and was able to talk in short sentences w/o coughing,..[ he is on oxegen 24 hours since addmitted to the hospital].
    well, thats about all i know.
    i just don't know how to thank you all enough for thr trememdise support you have given me, it is all that is keeping it togather for me, hubby is very tight lipped about talking about things like this, and it has really been a life saver to sound off to you guys.
    thank you again, and i continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers,
    take care, toni
  8. toni.m

toni.m New Member

i will try to e-mail both of you tomorow, i am exhausted right now, not used to driving so much- my feet and back are protesting big time.
    i am not sure when i will be going to the hospital, but i will try to get back to both of you before or after, depending how the day goes, we are staggering our visits, so my father in law is not alone for long to much during the day at least, he was reaaly bucking at the act he would have to be in for just a few days, at now it looks like he will be in the hopspital untill at least wensday;
  9. toni.m

toni.m New Member

i will try to e-mail both of you tomorow, i am exhausted right now, not used to driving so much- my feet and back are protesting big time.
    i am not sure when i will be going to the hospital, but i will try to get back to both of you before or after, depending how the day goes. we are staggering our visits, so my father in law is not alone for long to much, during the day at least, he was realy bucking at the fact he would have to be in for just a few days, at now it looks like he will be in the hospital untill at least wensday. i think now that he realizes how seruise[sp] it is, he is dealing with having a longer stay, but we are trying to keep his spirits up.

take care, and that you so much for you kind words and concern, take care, toni