Please Use Paragraph Breaks When Posting

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Mikie, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So many posts do not have speces in between the paragraphs. Many of us cannot read without the spaces, especially in longer posts. I try to go in and edit them when I find them.

I would hate for our members to have to bypass posts because they cannot read them. Please, just hit the Enter button twice, instead of once, when ending one paragraph and starting another. Also, shorter paragraphs are easier for us to read.

I hope this helps both posters and readers.

Love, Mikie
  2. freida

freida Active Member

Thanks, Mikie.
    I agree, it is a lot easier for me to read something, if it has lots of breaks and spaces in it.

ONe thing though, in my own posts,
    if I add something in while correcting huge mistakes in the edit mode,
    it sometimes strings them into the same section, and doesn't let me make the spaces, the way it initially does.

So that explains SOME of MY own longer paragraghs.

Maybe it is on the 2nd edit. SOmetimes I am confused , or having computer trouble, and have to edit a post, few dozen times, till it makes minimal sense. LOL

Did that make any sense? ;)

Thanks, again, Mikie....which was what I posted this for. :)

Leah Fr....
  3. ljimbo42

ljimbo42 Member

Thank you for correcting my post this morning. I tried twice to correct it and both times it looked perfect in my browser.

When I posted it though the paragraphs disappeared. I didn't realize I had to hit the enter tab twice, but now I do, thanks! :)
  4. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

this is important, so easy to break up paragraphs....

When I see a post that's one long para, I just about ignore it...very hard to read....and understand for sure.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We had a discussion on this here. Many of us, me included, get dizzy and nauseated when trying to focus on lines in long paragraphs. I know it sounds crazy but a lot of things about our illnesses seem crazy. So, it's my opinion that we ought to make as many things in our lives as easy as possible. That frees up precious energy for other things.

One thing our illnesses certainly teach us is to prioritize. I just don't want anyone to have to skip posts because it's just too difficult to follow them. Our members have a lot of good things to say. If it were not for our generous members, I'd likely still be bedridden most of the time and on morphine for pain. Almost everything which has helped me is something I first learned of here.

Thank you all for everything.

Love, Mikie

BTW, Leah, I hate the edit screen. I will often just do another post to clarify what I tried to say rather than type on the edit screen. When I first started using word processing, the screen showed every encoded direction, including paragraph breaks, underlining, bold, etc. Yikes!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/16/2013]
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator