Please Watch Oprah Today!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Reg1, Mar 13, 2003.

1. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi Group, If my brain was functioning correctly, i believe i heard this morning that Oprah was going to read emails today. Let's pray that she gets to one of ours from this group. Whatever happens, i think we should respond. (((((((((Gentle Hugs)))))))) Reg
  2. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

BUMP, so everyone can see this
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Usually when shows read their e-mails, it's mail about previous shows. I do hope she takes note of the deluge of our e-mails, but again, don't get your hopes up.

Love, Mikie
  4. lin21

lin21 New Member

Has any of us heard anything from Oprah?

I didn't hear about e-mails today, I heard it was going to be about favorite past guests but I could be wrong.

5. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Your right Mikie, she may even yank ours out, may not be important for her ratings. A wing and a prayer sweetie. Lin i thought thats what i heard, i live in Maryland, could be a different program, but if it is aaabout emails and i hear anything, of course i'll post. Love and (((((((Gentle Hugs))))))) Reg
  6. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I know this 'Oprah' subject pops up relatively often. No matter how many times I see posts about this, I can't quite get a grasp as to why this is even an issue?

What is it that you all expect from Oprah? With all the email barrages that have been sent her way over the years on this subject, the fact that she NEVER seems to respond to any of them tells me that she isn't interested in the subject. I know, I'm a buzz-kill. But, if people like her and DR. Phil continue to ignore pleas on the subject, it seems a little scary to me. Seems that if either of them FINALLY do respond, it could only be detrimental to our cause!

I mean, try and see this another way: if someone were trying to CONVINCE you to talk to others about a subject you had zero interest in, and they kept pestering you to the point where you FINALLY gave in, perhaps just to get them to shut up about it, wouldn't you be inclined to give it a negative representation so that there was NO hope you would ever be approached about it again? If I were either of them, I'll bet that's what I'd do.

These are TV people. They are not doctors, therapists, or otherwise involved in health issues. The ONLY subjects they EVER discuss are subjects they are interested in or TOTALLY against. So what do you hope to gain from them? Yes, informing the world about our disorder is something that needs to happen. But, there have GOT to be spokespersons that would present it in a more appropriate manner than either of these two would.

What about Montel? Heck, he HAS MS. Seems like any light he'd shed would be a little brighter. But, maybe not, too. Afterall, they are really ONLY about ratings.

just my 2 ceants,
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You have pointed out one of my greatest fears, that when we do start getting some notice from the media, our illnesses are presented in the worst possible way. There are enough people out there who think we are nuts, hysterical, depressed, whatever, and that this is what causes our illnesses. Misinformation is rampant in the medical community. I'm afraid these ignorant docs will be the ones speaking for us and spreading the misinformation even wider. We just don't need that.

Someone reported here once that she had seen a blurb on the Oprah show asking for people who had Fibromyalgia because they had lost their spirit to call for a future show on FMS. She got slammed with negative responses. I imagine this put her off of doing anything further on the subject. Perhaps if she is of the opinion that losing one's spirit causes FMS, it's a blessing she hasn't done a show on it.

As I have mentioned here before, they showed the young woman who is in charge of subjects for shows. She throws all the letters they receive in a huge cardboard box in the corner of her office. She is an organizational disaster and cannot find anything. She was being used as an example of someone who is so disorganized that she can't get her job done properly. Like I said, I'm not holding my breath.

Love, Mikie
  8. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi again, well Mikie you were right, "dont hold your breath", i just thought id pass the word along since i heard it this morning, had no idea she was gonna talk about past shows. You guys are right, i really don't want the neorotic doctors on there anyway saying "oh its all in there heads" "or they heiper people" after all they don't realize that we are also intelligent people. Anyway until they find a cure, their tongues are paermantly stitched to their throats lol. Peace Reg
  9. Reg1

Reg1 New Member

Hi Jody, Yes she read emails, but as Mikie said they were from past shows. I really stopped watching, had nausea, rolled over and turned on my stomach. Doing a little better, you know how that goes. Hope you are feeling better my freind. ((((((((Gentle Hugs))))))))Reg
  10. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

It's been over a month I e-mailed the Oprah show and I still have heard nothing!