Please, what to take for muscle and joint pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by renjanson, May 30, 2006.

1. renjanson

renjanson New Member

I'm calling my doc today to tell him about the pain I am having in shoulders and neck.
    I have Cfids but this type of pain is new.
    What works for you?
  2. justplainmom

justplainmom New Member

I have had severe pain in my shoulders and neck for about 3 months. To the point I could barely turn my head. After the rheumy blew me off, I went back to my D.O. He did some manipulations that brought me instantly back to life. He also put me in physical therapy 3x/week. My entire well-being has improved over 70%.

He has me taking Skelaxin 800mg 3x/day for pain.

If your current doc can't help you, find one who will.
  3. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

My primary care physican gives me Soma 500 mg at bedtime. This is a muscle relaxer and it helps me a lot especially with my neck and upper back pain.

TxSongBird
  4. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I have experienced MUCH of this type of pain but was due to my cervical fusion surgeries. The BEST thing for me was to use the heating pad that I could put in the microwave around my neck for about 20 minutes when I have more pain in that area. I think I purchased mine at wal-mart; it's long with rope on each end; the inside piece comes out; it feels like some little type of beads in it. I put it in the mircrowave about 1 min. and slip it back into the cover. It feels like it's made of a towel-like material and the one I have is blue.

I can't take muscle relaxers because all I do is sleep when taking them but if you are able to take them, they would most likely help along with the moist heat.

Hope this helps,

BlueSky555
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I'm a big believer in chiropractic for these problems.

Marta
  6. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I am taking Skelaxin 800 3 x day and using a microwavable heating pad too. It's helping somewhat. I have a huge lipoma which needs to be removed from my c spine which is causing a lot of my problems. Rheumy says it's a symptom of bursitis. :(
  7. FriendonthePath

FriendonthePath New Member

Regular chiropractic visits got rid of the bursitis in my shoulders and help with neck and upper back pain.

8. renjanson

renjanson New Member

9. renjanson

renjanson New Member

Thanks to all of you responding.
  10. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I know this sounds silly, but Pamprin has worked for me when my pain is just starting. If it doesn't I take Vicidin, but as silly as it sounds, sometimes Pamprin or Midol work!

I haven't had any luck with any other OTC meds.

Good luck!!
    Hugzz
    Greenbean