Please

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Fibrolady37, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

will you help me?
    Ive been really ill & i havent been on here for a very long time i dont seem to know anyone now.
    Im very lonely as i have no friends where i live we had to move away from where we lived coz my daughter was being very viciously bullied for 3 & half years.
    It would be nice to know some of the people on here so i can help them & make friends.
    Please reply fibrolady37.
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Fibrolady37:

If it was allowed I would give you my e-mail address. I write to lots of other Fibros I have met along the way.
    It is much less lonely when you know your e-mail box will be filled with others like us. Friends are out there. For the time being, will I do? I will meet you on any board you want.

hugs,
    nyrofan
  3. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I haven't been on near as often lately, as I have acquired leukemia recently (after about maybe 6 years of FM?) and have been hospitalized a lot. I may be spending more time on a leukemia board soon, but I can tell you that there are a lot of friendly folks here----I think I've been here about 5 years----and ones who totally understand both the pain and fatigue, and loneliness, that can accompany FM.

And I was never as sick as many people here, I held a job, etc., but that's the beauty of this board, too---there are all manner of FM and CFS folks here, some much more ill than others, but compassion and understanding for ALL no matter how sick or well you are. A lot of the info I learned about FM over the years came from right here----not doctors or health professionals. People will share their experiences readily, and not everything will always apply to your situation, but there's a TON to be learned here from other members.

So I'm glad you are here, welcome! Post often!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

I remember you I am Libra55 been here since 2003 and I did miss you, wonder where you went.

How is Preston doing?

I am your friend fibrolady, you can always come here and find me.

This is a lonely disease.

Big ((((((((Hugs)))))))
    Michelle
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

I feel very lonely most of the time. That was the major reason I started posting on this board.

I have been receiving immune suppoet's e-mails for about 2 yrs. and I finally thought, I'm housebound with hardly any friend's why not try posting?:)

I still feel lonely, but at least I feel some connection when someone answer's my post or I answer someone's post.

It help's me feel a little less alone, just reading some post's. Although I do get jealous reading about those who can still "do" thing's. I'm really happy for them, I just wish I could be active again too.:)I know that is selfish, but it is the truth.

I say that just so you know that other's hurt, get lonely and maybe a little jealous of the other's sometimes. I think that is normal, when you are isolated and hurting.

It physically hurt's my upper body ( neck and shoulder's) to type so I have to limit my answwer's and time( but in some cases I will overdue because I think the situation call's for it).

Sometimes'I overdue out of sheer rebellion!:)

Anyway, I could use as many new friend's that will have me.:) I try to be a friend to those who will have me as well.:)

That's why I keep posting, hoping as everyone get's to know me, they may think I am someone they will want to kmow.:)

Here's to new friend's,

Claudia

P.S. hope this make's sense, I just got up from a nap!
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
    [This Message was Edited on 04/15/2006]
  6. mom4three

mom4three New Member

How you feel..

I too feel lonely here.

Big hugs to you...

How is your daughter doing now?
  7. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

are lonely. Well, most of us had healthy friends once, and they have pretty much faded away.

You are not supposed to exchange email adresses, etc. here, but you can meet on another board. Or I guess you can do it in the chat room. I go an e mail from Pro Health saying that was ok.

I send e mails to friends and relatives a lot, but don't get much response. My son and I were very close when he was growing up, but now he lives far away. I only hear from him 3 or 4 x a year.

I visit this board couple times a day.
  8. pemaw54

pemaw54 New Member

helps soooo much to be here. I dont post much, but boy can I answer just about everyone at sometime or another. I had to leave work a yr and ahalf ago and lost all of my friends. Noone understands what we go through but us. Thats just the bottom line. I have a crappy old computor that is always knocking me off but my sweet husband has bought me a new Dell coming this week.

Im soo excited. I hope it doesnt take 10 min to boot up:)
    We will still have to use dial up but anything would be better than this, but it did bring me all of you into my life

Suzette
  9. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

so much for your reply its so good to know people really care.
    Ive been using this site for 10 years now its my lifeline.
    Thanks for listening & for taking the time to reply its very kind of you.
    Thanks also for offering to be my friend it means a lot to me so thanks.
    Im so lucky to have friends who care.
    Always remember im here for you whenever you need me.
    May god bless you & yours.
    fibrolady37.
  10. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

so much for your reply pam its really kind of you.
    I have so many illnesses i dont live i exist from day.
    I have Cfs,Me,Fms,Asthma,Allergic Rhinitus,Restless Leg Syndrome,Myofacial Pain Syndrome,Severe Depression.
    A Major Depressive Illness,An Insecure Personality Disorder,Bipolar,Post Traumatic Stress Disorder,A Mild Form of Manic Depression & i have another illness but i cant pronounce it.
    I also have a lot more illnesses but they wont fit on the page.
    Thanks again for listening
    Take care pam & thanks.
    You will always have a friend in me.
    May god bless you & yours fibrolady37.
  11. kdeenak

kdeenak New Member

Hi, I am sorry I just saw your post to me on the other thread about your poor kitty. I wanted to post on here and say hello to you. I hadn't seen you in a while, it is good to see you.

I only have two friends, (besides my family on here) and am pretty lonely, so I would love to be friends! I don't work and don't have a car so I am home all day by myself until my husband gets home from work. I don't really mind though, but sometimes it gets lonely. I spend a lot of time on the computer and I don't do much else.

I hope your kitty is doing better from his tummy troubles? Is he home yet or do you know when he can come home? I am glad he didn't have something real serious. Pets are so special. My poor dog passed away a week ago today. He was staying with my mom but we had him for almost 11 years. His name was Benny, he was a dauchschund.

Glad you are back! :)

Your friend,

Deena
  12. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you so much i will really look forward to mailing you thank you may god bless you & yours.
    fibrolady37.
  13. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you so much i really am so greatful to you.
    fibrolady37.
  14. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

fibrolady37.
  15. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

fibrolady37.
  16. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you so much nmichelle.
    Were you 1 of the people i used to mail when i was on a long time ago.
    Thank you for letting me mail you im so greatful to you.
    fibrolady37.
  17. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

makes perfect sense to me.
    Thank you i will mail you & welcome you to my fibro family.
    fibrolad37.
  18. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

thank you so much for replying to my mail i am so happy to be back.
    Take care fibrolady37.
  19. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

daughter s doing just fine thanks.
    Thank you for mailing me it means a lot to me to know i have friends on here & i havent ben forgotten.
    fibrolady37.
  20. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

Remember that song? "Lonliness is the cloak I wear?"(You Lost that Lovin' Feelin"")

Well I think that this DD is often the cloak we wear. I think the majority of us here are friendly, nice people, but we surely get not only the pain to deal with but lots of lonliness too.

I am so very sorry your daughter endured that bullying. There has to be a special place in H.... for bullies as they do great harm and get a kick out of it.

They think it is funny.

I only joined the Boards around Christmas, so I do not know if we chatted or not, but I am on a lot and lots of people know me. I am very friendly(who isn't here???) and you can call on me anytime you feel down or want to chat.

I used to be a psychologist at one time and can often offer help in the form of on line counseling.

Please cheer up. You can come here and chat with many people. So many are lonely here. I have moved a lot plus I am not from this country(USA) and so I have only two friends and they get busy, so I know how it feels.

This DD traps us inside so much too. Well, I hope your new house is in a better place for you and your daughter, I have not read your bio-did you update it?

Lots of big hugs and love, and feel a little better.

PS I just looked at your bio and you are from Bolton. My second child was born at Bolton General Hospital-I used to live in Tyldesley for a while, although I am from Cheshire and lived years in Jersey and Cornwall. So I am a Brit too.
    You are so pretty. I want to tell you something interesting. When I lived in Tyldesley many years ago, Dr Dench was the doctor and his daughter used to work in the office sometimes when she was home from college-guess who she was? Judy Dench!!!
    love,
    Anne C
    [This Message was Edited on 04/19/2006]