PLease?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SAS, Sep 24, 2002.

1. SAS

SAS New Member

I posted yesterday with a question regarding "Social Security Password", no reply. Please, if anyone has any info on this step at all I would like to know where I stand. Thanks.

I don't understand why they send me the means to do this step, but when I try, tell me I am ineligible at the current time.

Much thanks,
    Shirley
  2. SAS

SAS New Member

I posted yesterday with a question regarding "Social Security Password", no reply. Please, if anyone has any info on this step at all I would like to know where I stand. Thanks.

I don't understand why they send me the means to do this step, but when I try, tell me I am ineligible at the current time.

Much thanks,
    Shirley
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I thought that this message should be bumped up. I don't know the answer. Good luck. Dolsgirl
  4. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I didn't answer because I have no idea what you're talking about. I am on SSDI, but don't remember anything about a "Password" in the process, so I don't know what to tell you. How about asking a disability lawyer? They generally don't charge for a consultation.
    KLutzo
  5. SAS

SAS New Member

Thanks, I just thought it would be worth a try to see if anyone else has run across this. Sorry I sounded so desperate for an answer, first thing in the a.m. is not my best time of day. I am sure I will find out all in God's good time. Have a great day.
    Shirley
  6. teach6

teach6 New Member

Did they specifically ask you for a password or are you asking if there is something special you need to say to be considered for SSDI or SSI? I'll look up yesterday's post and see if it gives me any more info. The people in the local offices are usually very easy to deal with and great at answering questions.

Barbara

OK, I think I understand your question now. You seem to be trying to do this online, am I correct? I called and got an appointment for a phone interview. I had heard it was better to do it over the phone than in person because they may make notes about your apparent disability, or lack of, from what they see and since ours are invisible it can hurt our cases. Make sense?

I know nothing about doing it online. I'm doing mine the old fashioned way and I feel like it's taking forever, but part of that is due to some family emergencies that have popped up in the past couple of months and delayed my returning the papers. I'm hoping to finish them this week.

[This Message was Edited on 09/25/2002]
  7. pamela

pamela New Member

Hi Shirley.. I read your little message concerning the SS password. I would try to call them..there usually is a number on the form you got concerning that SS password. Or if not then where ever you went to fill out your stuff at... either go there or call them. Somebody has to know about the password and what it means to how you can use it even when it says temporary. Hope this helps!!! Just call the people even if you have to sit on the phone and wait-I know how it is calling those depts. See Ya!!! Pamela