Pleasure With Pain

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JLH, Sep 12, 2006.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Pleasure With Pain

Some of us have said, "What? Pleasure with pain? You've got to be kidding." Past experience has shown that once we started managing our pain and not letting our pain manage us, we begin to live life more fully. Living life can have its many pleasures, even with chronic pain.

For some, this may be a hard concept to grasp at first, but it is possible. As we begin to let go of our pain and start focusing on the things that bring us pleasure, we have begun our journey toward finding pleasure with pain. Others are experiencing pleasure, even with their pain, and I can do the same.

From Living With Chronic Pain One Day At A Time, by Mark Allen Zabawa

2. FMsolider

FMsolider New Member

Thanks, for posting this reminder.
  3. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

4. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

but true! I also need this reminder (Several times a day). I guess I am still in the management stages, but I do let it consume me far too much and it's stealing my time and energy. I am going to start a journal of the positive and "pleasurable" things that happen throughout my days and try to refocus. Thanks for pointing this out.

The new me...

Jane
  5. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

I have Fibromyalgia but Fibromyalgia doesn't have me.

Thanks for this nice reminder.

Love & Hugs!
    carolin
  6. JLH

JLH New Member

YES, I think you thought of sex FIRST because you are male!!!! You got that right!!!! LOL

But then, you are correct ... sex IS pleasure with pain!! LOL

Hugs,
    Janet
  7. kriket

kriket New Member

Very good point. I am in pain most of the time, but I will try and push myself to go fishing or arrowhead hunting and sometimes it helps to get my mind off the pain. So, that makes sense. I try to just go on and do things that I really enjoy, and most times it is very healing.

Kriket
  8. painintheeverywhere

painintheeverywhere New Member

Man o Man o Man....

Yes......it's because you are a man......

Jane
  9. hagardreams

hagardreams New Member

I remember being scared of taking pain pills, and now they have been my blessing. Not just the pain pills, but my attitude in general. knowing that i dont have to suffer. yes I have days that i just cant move, but if not for just letting go and not letting the fibro control me, i have a life again. I will not let fibro stop me, at least not everyday.
    god bless, julie