Pleurisy anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cat0993, Jan 23, 2006.

1. cat0993

cat0993 New Member

Hi all: I've had a stretch of bad health the past month or so (more unusual than usual). I was diagnosed with a sinus infection (pink eye the week before), was on antibiotics and then developed pleurisy (inflamation/infection of the lining of the lungs). This freaked me out because the only people I've known with pleurisy had cancer (I'm a nurse in a long term care facility).On top of this my lymph nodes under my breast have been swollen/painful for 2+ months. The lymph nodes in my armpit are swollen also. Had a mammo - all fine. Gyno said go to breast surgeon for ultrasound. Primary care (who I love) said don't do it - he could order ultrasound. He thought the surgeon would push for surgery. Now I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone gone thru this??
    thanks for your input! CAT
  2. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

i've had it twice, treated with antibiotics and it went away. pretty painful tho.

i would get the breast ultrasound from your pcp, and go from there. the swollen glands are probably your body trying to fight the infection, don't you think?

hang in there!!

warmly,
    maggie