Plz help

Discussion in 'Caregivers' started by unknown, Apr 27, 2002.

1. unknown

unknown New Member

I have a friend who is having problems not remembering her past, she is only 20. She tells me she is tired of running from place to place just because she is reminded of it and she is also tired of crying over something she doesnt even know about. She also say with new relationships they just make her forget her problems for a little while but when she realizes they are still there, and the other person knows something is wrong, and they try to help her, she runs. She says she doesnt run because they try to help her, but because she is constantly reminded of the problem by the other person.

Im trying to be supportive about this but i dont even know what to do. I am her closest friend and it hurts to see her like this. Please if you can can you recommend anything i can do. A book, a website anything so that i can help her.

Thx you
  2. Charr

Charr New Member

Hi, I don't know what she has tried already,but I think the first thing she should do is see a physician. Memory loss is not a normal thing, it is usually caused by something physical or some kind of emotional trauma. She should start with her doctor. Good luck your a good friend!
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hello unknow, I think you are a great person for trying to help your friend. But I think her problem is way beyond just your friendship.

Somehow she must have had a horrible experience in her young life, or some kind of physical problem.

As good as your intentions are, I am afraid she is in need of medical help, and the sooner the better.

What ever this is, she is running away from the 'memory', as it must have been very hurtful, either physically or mentally.

So see if you can get her to some professional help. That was be your best resource, and the kindest thing you can do for her.

She has to face the abuse/trama before she can start living a normal life, and going forward, instead of hiding from it.

I sincerely hope you can help her in this respect.

Do let us know how she is doing.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. Holly2241

Holly2241 New Member

Dear Unknown, I feel so sorry for you and your efforts to help your friend. Your friend is beyond any help you can give her other that standing beside her. She really needs professional help because there has to be trauma in her past and it sounds like she isn't able to face it without help. She might have blocked out her past completely because she is unable to deal with it. There must be a mental health facility in your area that would help her. Even psychotherapy might prove to be helpful. You can't help her until she stops running and does something to help herself. This is not a good situation for you to be in being ignorant of the facts behind your friend's actions and knowing less about her past. Please seek help for her and yourself as well if you are feeling guilt for not being able to do more for her.

Let me know how you make out. I care!

5. HarpoftheSymphony

HarpoftheSymphony New Member

You're awfully loyal to help such a friend in her situation. I agree, physicians sound like the best solution for her...And the most important thing by her side long as you can be.

6. pegesus_unicorn

pegesus_unicorn New Member

im going to suggest that she gt a neuroscan done by a neurologist and for her piece of mind of the unknown have it done fast so she knows what she is dealing with.
    good luck