PMS and allergic or flu symptoms, Anyone else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by morningsonshine, Mar 5, 2006.

1. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Am i the only one who is allergic to my period?LOL

Two to three days before getting my period i almost always come down with flu, of cold like sysmptoms, that go way once my period comes. I start sneezing, and feel achy, and tired, and body temp. feels like it's hot and cold. Like getting a cold.

Are these FM/CFS symtoms. Dumb question, i know, of course they are!
    Anyone else?
  2. KateMac329

KateMac329 New Member

My little sister who although has not been diagnosed with FM has this same exact thing.

Our family thinks she is nuts because no one can understand how she can be allergic to her period! I have thought for years that she has had some autoimmune thing going on but she just has never gotten a diagnosis.

One thing that does make sense though is that my body is extremely sensitive to hormones and that is part of why I am sick.

Hope this helps. If anything it may help you understand that it isn't in your head!

kate
  3. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Thanks for posting, at lest you can support your sister. I suppose it has to do something with hormones. I've been afraid to mess around with any hormone supplements without a knowlegdable dr., or some kinda hormone testing.
    [This Message was Edited on 03/06/2006]