PMS migraines

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tibbiecow, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Tibbiecow

Tibbiecow New Member

Does anyone get premenstrual migraines? Have you been able to prevent them and how? I'm taking Guai so I can't do herbal supplements. I'm taking Topamax and its cut down on the migraines a lot, especially the severity, but the PMS ones are the worst and they won't go away. Help!
  2. baby-bear

baby-bear New Member

Those PMS migranes are the pits!!!! I know!!!! The only thing that helps mine is the Lorcet 10 and eating. Also resting. The more I do with them the worst they get. Just have to lie in a cool dark room and watch T.V. very low. Try to sleep after I take the Lorcet. Also Im on the pill...Yasmin. My doc put me on it everyday due to my aweful periods. I still have breakthru bleeding but its worth it to only have aperiod once in a while. Hugs...Pammy
  3. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I get a monthly migraine which lasts three days. The pain with me is usually not as bad as how it makes me feel otherwise, sick and weak. I sympathize!
    Madelyn
  4. Frackie11382

Frackie11382 New Member

Actually, I have one right now. I was put on Zomig for them. It's an actual migraine headache fighter. You're supposed to take it at your first sign of a migraine, but I usually try EVERYTHING ELSE first! lol. Nothing like procrastination when you're in pain. But it really helps me. Some of my migraines are so bad that I have to take 2 of the pills, but overall one helps. I hope that the info helps you. I also go to a chiro. Sometimes him realigning me helps too.

Friends in Fibro,

~~Tara~~
  5. FibroNan

FibroNan New Member

and my dr. prescribed Zomig. It is a lifesaver. I used to spend 2 to 3 days in bed each month with half my head pounding. I get nauseous and can't stand light or loud noises. I take the Zomig as soon as I feel the migraine coming on and lay down for a couple of hours and it's gone. I suggest you ask your dr. about Zomig.
    Nancy
  6. fibolady

fibolady New Member

yes, for 20 years, they seem to be getting worse with age.

i am using imitrex spray, works better than the 100 mg pill for me. also, keteroloc helps too. midrin barely touches them.

good luck and be sure to use lots of ice, a dark room, they are the pits.

warm regards, fibolady