POEM: Believing in You

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by JLH, Apr 28, 2007.

1. JLH

JLH New Member

Believing in You
    By Catherine Pulsifer

Never stop believing in yourself.
    When others doubt, don't you.
    Do what you love to do,
    No one knows better than you.

Life is too short to live others' dreams
    Follow your own dream
    Push yourself to reach your goals
    And live the life you once dreamed.

Trust your instincts.
    Be true to yourself.
    You know what is right for you.
    Never give up or give in.

Forget the words "I don't know how".
    You can learn,
    You can research,
    You can do.

Your mind is powerful.
    When you believe you can.
    You will find a way
    You won't waste a day.

Persist and persevere
    Do not fear
    Because if you believe in you
    You will find dreams can come true.

May all your dreams turn into goals,
    Believe in yourself.
    And remember, all of life is a choice.
    The decision is up to you.

A Note From The Author:

I wrote this poem many years ago for a friend that was facing challenging times. She wanted to pursue a goal of setting up her own business. But others in her life felt her goal was too risky. Many of her family members were "risk adverse"; they stayed in one job, they
    lived in one city, they never went outside of their comfort zone, and they never took a risk.

They tried to convince her that she should wait, go back to school, or work for someone else in the field she was pursuing. While her family's concerns were out of their love for her, they were also out of their own beliefs and their risk adverse thinking. Her family's fears were causing her to have doubts, but she was determined. She had
    done all her planning, she knew there would be risk, but she had a strong belief that she could succeed.

Setting up this business required a lot of work. It challenged her skills, but she was always learning. She faced challenges along the way, setbacks and roadblocks. But she persevered; she found a way around, and sometimes over and under these roadblocks.

To make a long story short, now 10 years later, my friend's business is very successful. And, some of her family that once tried to persuade her not to pursue her goal, her dream, now work for her. When talking with her the other day, she said, "Many times over the years, especially when I was faced with challenges, I would re-read your poem, and it would remind me not to give up, to believe in myself."

By Catherine Pulsifer

2. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

loved the poem thank you for sharing it with us.
    My husband has cerebral palsy and going to give it to him

love n hugs