Poison Ivy & innmune system

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SilverJ, Jul 14, 2009.

1. SilverJ

SilverJ New Member

Can anyone tell me if a compromised innmune system would make getting rid of a bad case of poison ivy more difficult ?
    Thanks in advance
  2. frickly

frickly New Member

Are you sure it's poison ivy? Hives can look and feel just like poison ivy. Are you taking any new medications?
  3. trishabeth

trishabeth New Member

If you have to pull weeds in your yard or whatever, always coat exposed skin with "Technu" and rinse it off when you come in, and soak your clothes in it before you wash them.
    I have always had to take steroids to get rid of poison ivy. I was born with a low immune system anyway, (I have read studies that say people with low immune systems have low opiate levels) After I started taking hydrocodone, for my pain, (from ME and myofacial pain syndrome), I noticed that my allergies lessened up about 70% and i got poison ivy this year and did not have near the trouble getting rid of it. I only take one a day so as it wore off, I noticed more itching and more blisters came up. I think our immune systems are down and we become allergic to everything and and we cant fight off things completely and we get reoccurring illnesses too. I believe, from my research, that if you have symptons like this, you should be given low dose opiates. It helps more than anything else. I am chemical and medicine and environmentally sensitive, myself and can not tollerate the side effects of most medications but, this midicene replaces what I dont have enough of in my body. I also act like a normal person for 4 hours each day while the medicine is active. So, anyway I believe that most people that come to Prohealth looking for answers, have immune system trouble and could be helped by adding opiates. It helps cosiderably broad spectrum.