Poison Plum by les roberts

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by mollystwin, Jan 28, 2008.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Has anyone read this book? I just finished it. I would be interested to hear what others thought about it.

I really didn't like it at all in the beginning. Didn't care for his style of writing, but got used to it. Toward the end, I was somewhat hooked and stayed up last night to finish it.

The book is a Novel, and I had to keep remembering that. I just didn't like how extreme the author was making everything.

Anyone else read it?? It's a good read for anyone with lyme or who has a loved on with lyme.
  2. Di1207

Di1207 New Member

Tell us more. I love to read and am finishing up Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. It was a xmas present and its a great book but will be ready for a new read soon.
  3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Hi there!

This book is a novel written by a man who almost died from lyme disease. It centers around Plum Island where there is a lab that studies germs. In real life there are many who believe (including myself) that lyme spirochettes came from Plum Island.

The book deals with a sympathetic senator who has a doctor friend who is prosecuted for treating lyme and for much more, but I don't want to spoil the plot. There is also a single mom who works at Plum Island who discovers to her horror that her son who is deathly ill has lyme disease and her employer may be responsible.

The book's plot deals with the lyme treatment controversy in a very big way. Overall I liked the book, but it was very extreme in many ways. If you read the book I think you will see what I mean.

I think it's a worthwhile book for all lymies to read.

dar
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Have you ever read lab257?? It's about Plum Island and lyme and west nile.

If you haven't read it, I urge you to. It's not a novel, but written by an investigative reporter. I was suspicious of the governments involvement with lyme before I read this book. Now I think it's highly probable.

My doctor says that some of the bands on the lyme spirochette are not found in nature, meaning they are man made. Many think that lyme was man made from the syphilus spirochette.

Read the book. See what you think!!!

dar
  5. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

There are books out there with our stories in them. Not mine but many others. PJ Langford authors 3 of the books and is working on a 4th.

Google PJ Lanford and you'll find the books. I order two of them thinking it would be good to read sucess stories for motiviation. Problem is, most of the stories are about folks who are still in treatment, and I couldn't take reading about them after a while, so I took a break with the books.

PJ herself has quite a story!! Her first book is her story i believe. The next two have others stories.

Check them out!!

dar
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

There is a movie coming out that has a character with lyme. Cannot remember the title of it right now. I think it's set in Conneticut.

Can anyone help me with the name of the movie???

More books would be better. I know I would read them!!!

dar