Poisoning of America by J Uttley from forum library 11-13-02

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Rozmund, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Jason - what a wonderful and well documented article. I have one thing to add that
    us Canadians found rather odd - Cipro is a very expensive Drug - equally as good to
    treat Anthrax is Doxycycline - but it only cost ten cents to produce a course, and is a very
    old drug - it was used in the first and second world wars - successfully - soldiers took a pill
    every day while out in the trenches where there was disease, death, bad water, bad food
    . rodents and soil bacteria - it kept harmful bacteria at bay - doxycyline can be take for 18
    months daily with no killing of natural fauna/flora. Many of our Veterans although old are
    in pretty good shape - certainly able to march in the annual parades decked out in pride.
    I do believe that doctors use these powerful drugs to keep their patients healthy, especially
    since many potent bugs are caught in the hospital themselves.
  2. Rozmund

Rozmund New Member

Jason - what a wonderful and well documented article. I have one thing to add that
    us Canadians found rather odd - Cipro is a very expensive Drug - equally as good to
    treat Anthrax is Doxycycline - but it only cost ten cents to produce a course, and is a very
    old drug - it was used in the first and second world wars - successfully - soldiers took a pill
    every day while out in the trenches where there was disease, death, bad water, bad food
    . rodents and soil bacteria - it kept harmful bacteria at bay - doxycyline can be take for 18
    months daily with no killing of natural fauna/flora. Many of our Veterans although old are
    in pretty good shape - certainly able to march in the annual parades decked out in pride.
    I do believe that doctors use these powerful drugs to keep their patients healthy, especially
    since many potent bugs are caught in the hospital themselves.
  3. klutzo

klutzo New Member

...why Cipro may have been used, in spite of expense. Lots of folks, including me, are allergic to Tetracycline and all of it's derivatives, of which doxycycline is one.
    Cipro is the only antibiotic I've ever taken that did not cause either an allergic reaction, or side-effects that were worse than the original problem. Now, after reading this, I wonder what long term effects it may have caused. Proving once again that all drugs are trade-offs.
    Klutzo