Political RANT

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TeaBisqit, Apr 8, 2009.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

I am so mad, I must vent. I wanted to use one of my tv converter box coupons, and I ordered from a site that appeared to be US. It turns out, it's not. My new box is being shipped from Hong Kong and they didn't even let me know until after I ordered it. And most likely, the converter box itself is also made over there. So the US government money that I thought I was using to stimulate OUR economy with completely isn't. And I am MAD.

Then, the new Safelinkwireless cellphone program is doing the SAME thing. The phone is made in China. All tech support is in India. The program does NOT in any way stimulate the US economy.

And, Angel Food Ministries, where we can get cheaper food from, the food comes from different countries, as well. Yet it is funded by the US government, so once again, US money is going elsewhere.

How is our country supposed to ever get out of this recession if we are not allowed to put the money back into our own economy??? SCREAM
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

editorial in the Christian Science Monitor a few months ago.

Said historically the govt. did not get involved in the economy. No income tax (because it was
    unconstitutional). Govt. income came mainly from import duties.

Over the centuries the govt. got more and more involved in the economy, and the impact of
    the involvement was almost always to the detriment of the public.

My Constitutional Law Professor said the govt. generally accomplishes the opposite of whatever
    it is trying to do.

Not too encouraging, huh?

BILLCAMO New Member

Several years ago the government took over a business in Nevada because it was owed a bunch on taxes. Within a few months the business was totally broke and useless. It was a brothell , motel , and also pedaled drinks. Only the government could make a business that profitable go broke.

Nope , not encouraging.......Big govt. creates bigger problems....IMHO...

Blessings ,