POLL: Anyone spend most of the day in bed due to pain? What type of bed due

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painfreesoon, Jan 15, 2012.

1. painfreesoon

painfreesoon New Member

Haven't been on here in ages. Unable right now to stay on computer long. FM seems to be worse this past year.
    I spend 90% of my day in bed, and I'm thinking of taking the plunge and getting a Sleep Number Bed, QVC had an adjustable at a "good"price.
    Have NEVER spent that kind of money on a bed before, I'm on disability, so this is like buying a house for me!
    I know everyone is different. I have read both good and bad about it.
    But wanted to hear from someone in my physical situation.
    On an inner spring mattress about 25yrs. old and have been adding memeory foam toppers, but they get flat(I"m not a large person)after 6mos.
    Meemory foam also conforms to your shape instead of "bouncing back", so I don't really want an entire mattress made of it, plus it smells of chemicals.
    Curios as to your likes and opinions.
  2. stick2013

stick2013 Member

I have fibromyalgia, Osteoarthritis, and several other issues, and I finally broke down and invested in a sleep number bed. I love it.

I don't spend all day in bed, as I do have to work, but I love going to bed and being able to select the softens or firmness that I need for how my body feels.

There are times that I really need my bed as firm as I can get it, to support my back. Then there are times that I need it super soft, because of the fibro acting up.

The sleep number, gives me the options I need for the way that my body feels on any given day, week or month...

Gee, have I mentioned just how much I love my bed?? Lol!!!!!