Poll: Anyone using voice activated PC?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Achy-shaky, Feb 2, 2003.

1. Achy-shaky

Achy-shaky New Member

or have you considered using voice activation/recognition?

I'm sure many of you want to write Oprah and others but haven't done it because of having a hard time typing. My voice activated PC has been a real blessing for me - comes in real handy at times when I can't type due to pain or weakness...if I could just remember to use it (there goes that memory!). I can lay in bed and dictate what I want to say. All you need is a headset and the latest version of Word to do speech recognition or you can buy a separate program that does it if you don't have MS Office XP version - it takes a bit of time getting it to know your voice but is well worth the effort.

I don't mean to be pushing any product here...it's just the computer instructor coming out of me (as explained in my bio). Just want you all to know that if any of you have questions or want to learn how to use the speech tools in XP, I would be love to help you out (at no charge). I feel that this support group has helped me out so much that it's the least I can do to contribute somehow.

Best wishes for a pain-free day!
    A.Shaky