poll - are we psychic?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Shannonsparkles, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

I'm curious, how many people here have had a psychic experience of some kind, even a little one? Like knowing who is phoning you before they say hello, or feeling an impression about a place, or feeling sure you can read your pet's mind :)

Here's one from me. I was thinking about nothing in particular, and then the immage of ice cream began to form in my mind. It didn't feel like one of MY thoughts, so I asked, "Dad, it's not ME that's thinking about ice cream, is it?" Nope! He had been going over in his mind the time that he sat down and ate a whole tub of ice cream in one sitting! :D

Share your weird & funny experiences and everything else! Look forward to hearing you. :)
  2. ckahele

ckahele New Member

it was 11am in Hawaii and i saw an ambulance tearing down the road in my head.

i just threw it off as being nervous about a doctor's appointment i had scheduled later in the day.

that nite i got a call from my family about my mom's stroke.

it happened 5pm Boston time which at that time of year was 11am Hawaiian time.

you'll never convince me it wasn't a psychic experience.
    cyndy
  3. Beckula

Beckula New Member

I just get "deja vu" a lot. I dream something and then it happens in real life weeks/months later.

I am just very intuitive as well.
  4. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

extremely strong telepathic powers. My daughter, son and niece are same, inherited from my grannie.

Rosie
  5. tngirl

tngirl New Member

I have a sense of deja vu happen quite often.
  6. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Last summer I was getting some Tattoo work done, I was about 45 miles away from my home. I was getting a spiral typoon cloud with crashing waves,leaves blowing in the storm and several lighting bolts tattooed on my chest, found out when I got home my house had been hit by lighting!!! No one was home except the poor dog,I think he was scared out of his witts.

Anyway no real serious damage,knocked some siding off,blew some fuzes,fried some small electrical devices,luckly no fire,scorched a bit.

Found out later it happened exactly the same time I was getting the lighting bolts tattooed on my chest!!!!!!!

pretty freeky!!!!!!
    Keith
  7. Dee50

Dee50 New Member

I prefer to say I'm A Highly Sensitive Person. Some will call that psychic. I have been my whole life.
    Dee50
  8. lagm31

lagm31 New Member

I don't know if you can call it Psychic or not. But I can usually say if it's my mom or my kids calling before I even get to the phone. I would even do it to my husband.
    I can call my mom or my kids and they would tell me I was just going to call you. And my husband also. So we make a joke about having ESP...
    I can feel when something is wrong with my mom or my kids even though they live in Illinois and I live in Wis. I will call them up and ask ok what is wrong...And usually I am right... I think this might happen because we are really close..I don't know if that is the answer or not...

The thing that really gets to me is my dreams--When they come true. I had one happen and I told someone about it and 3 weeks later it happened. And it was exactually like the dream. Where it happened and how it happened. Talk about weird..I hated those dreams. I have had a few others that have happened and talk about scarry....Now since I have the dreaded Fibro I never get into the dreaming stage. And I that God for that.

I forgot to add something my mom told me. When I was 5 we where driving at night to the lake where we camped. And she said I sat up and started singing the song Doe a deer. And that made my dad slow down and up in the middle of the road stood a deer.

You asked for us to share our weird & funny experiences and everything else so I thought I would share mine...lagm31
    [This Message was Edited on 09/22/2005]
  9. gnanny

gnanny New Member

When I was younger I had a lot of the deja vu things. My dreams used to mean more than they do now since I dont sleep as well as I used to. My 'radar' works very well when someone is looking for me. I have always ben able to 'wish' for my brother or sister to call me when I needed them. I will ask the kids to bring me the phone before it rings...they love that ! Once my Grandfather 'called' me on the phone. He had been dead for a year or more but my grandmother was becoming senile and acting reckless. He was concerned about her and got me involved.
    I have learned to trust my instincts they are usually right.
    On the lighter side my sweetie is pretty tuned in to me too, when I am tired and dont want to cook he will suggest going out. When he does I usually always let him pick what he wants to eat...but I will be thinking of what I want...sure enough he will change direction and we go right where I was thinking. We can be running errands or something and I will start thinking how nice a Moolatte sounded. Sure enough he will suggest a trip to Dairy Queen. I of course say ' I shouldnt really...but ok'. teehee.
  10. fibro-nut

fibro-nut New Member

Hi there,
    Iv'e had so many experiences, that it's hard to name just one. One of my scariest moments is. My uncle was undergoing a big opporation one morning. But after washing my face, i was drying off, whilst drying off i looked into the mirror. That wasn't weired, What was scarey, was the fact that i saw my dead grandmother in the mirror behind me. I was so shocked that i just stood there. She told me that my uncle had died, and that i was to go to my mother, and tell her that he would always be safe and out of pain now, and that it was time for my grandmother to look after him again. She wasn't to worry any more. When i got to my mothers house, her face was white, and she had already had the phone call from the hospital to say her brother had died. Now i'm so glad that doesn't happen to often. Is that sychie enough or what!
  11. jess

jess New Member

My mother passed 2 years ago and I get signs from her when I ask for one. One example was my daughter called to tellme her friend was walking her dog in the dog park. She saw 2 english bull dogs and started talking to the owner. She asked their names and the dogs had the same names as my Mother and Father. they are not common names. Also, the English bull dog was my Dad's favorite breed. I also get answers from her on car license plates when I ask. I've gotten her name on plates. It sounds unbelievable but I know it's my Mother. I also know when the phone is going to ring. I really believe loved ones are are always here for us but are in another plain. Jess
  12. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

I too get alot of Deja Vu.

I also tend to have dreams, that come true are almost come true...some are almost like a warning.

The last dream I had, I woke up crying and shaking. I had dreamed early one morning, that I was going to my Best Friends Funeral...I could see her in the casket.

Well this dream freaked me out enough, that something told me to call her later that day and check on her. I called, and ask her if she was alright, she said why do you ask, because she could tell I didn't sound right. I told her about the dream and then she was totally freaked, because she said the night before, they had to call the ambulance for her, that she had almost died. Very Scary!!!

I also have really good inner instincts.

Hugs
    Bluerose
  13. Juloo

Juloo Member

...good instincts that I've learned to trust.

I had the deja vu and precognitive dreams more often when I was young, but a few as an adults -- they kind of freak people out, though, so I've had to learn to stop and think before just blurting them out.

As jess said, my husband also got a message on a license plate once -- so cool!

There are a good handful of people that I know automatically are going to call, and they do. And once, when my husband was supposed to be away for 3 days on a 'guys' weekend', I 'got' the message a day before he was due to be home that he was going to skip the last day. I started cleaning up and making dinner. About an hour later I got his phone call that he was already on the road.

I'd consider myself (detrimentally) sensitive to the energies around me. The information is out there for the right receiver -- I'm no 'satellite tv', but I'm surely Basic Cable with 2 or 3 bonus channels!
  14. revlcb

revlcb New Member

I'm a Spiritualist Minister, hense "RevLCB". Psychic/spiritual occurances are a daily part of my ministry.

Everyone is psychic in one way or another...maybe many ways. It's our sixth sense after all.

I don't think that I can post a link but, if you Google "BIO revlcb" and click on BIO, you'll come to my website. Hopefully, through my experiences, you'll discover your own connection to the divine.

Keep in mind that I use this name on several boards that I'm on so you will also pick up other info in the search. Just disregard the other sites and click on BIO.

Lisa
  15. rileyearl

rileyearl New Member

I don't know much about psychic, but I am intuitive. I understand people and situations without much examination or analysis. It really irritates people who are not intuitive--that's a bad thing when it's your boss who is irritated!

Love,

Francie
  16. nanswajo

nanswajo New Member

I definitely am highly sensitive and aware. It makes some people uncomfortable while others feel very calmed.

It is really amazing what we are capable of and how much more there is than what we see, hear, in the physical.

Nancy
  17. Alyndra

Alyndra New Member

Just because YOU can't see my friends - doesn't mean they're imaginary.

I was raised very close to my mothers side of the family who all seem to have their equal 'sensitivities'.

My fathers side thinks they're all a bunch of nuts.

Knowing who is calling before I even answer I attribute to caller ID, but I definately have NO doubt what so ever that there's that 'on another level' bond between people and their animals. It's just another form of 'mothers intuition' I'd imagine. Sometimes I feel so in tune with my babies I forget that they can't actually speak. In the mornings I swear I hear them ask for scrambled eggs and toast ;)

I think it's the same the other way around, as well. I've been in another room having one of those 'everything sucks' moments - and within minutes I have 2 of my babies coming to see me. It's not unusual for my girl, because she's an ever loving suck and will take any chance to cuddle up with someone - But even my boy will come to see me, and he has such an independant soul - he never likes to do anything for long. But at those times when I need that extra little bit to put a smile back on my face - he'll sit on my shoulder, nuzzle into my neck and just let his words flow.

There's definately a sixth sense in everyone. Sometimes it's just hard to find!
  18. sandi24

sandi24 New Member

Yes I have had many, many experiences over the years, I am a firm believer that this is our learning place and there really is a heaven :)

Always trust your instincts!
  19. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

I have always been sensative to things of the supernatural world. The Pastor of my church said there are certain people that are just more intune to it than others. It scares the wits out of me. I am a strong Christian and try not to think of such things. About a month ago I was outside in the front yard playing ball with my daughter when a big black truck drove by. It had a very distinctive sound and I immediately got a scared feeling and chills up my spine. I looked over and the man stared me straight in the eyes and drove on his way. I came in and told my husband that this man that drove by was gonna try to break into our car and home tonight. My husband of course said you are just silly. I woke up from a dead sleep at 3 in the morning to the sound of that truck rattling in front of our home. I was too scared to even get up and look. My hubby had already taken his sleeping pill so he was out for the night. I just sat there paralyzed with fear and prayed like mad. The truck then moved on. It has never came back since. I get things like this happening like this quite often. I guess I am just sensative to those things.

Trish :)
  20. jaltair

jaltair New Member

I have been more "sensitive" to things than most people. I have had dreams, déjà vu experiences, thoughts, knowing things were going to happen, etc. I, too, have learned to not "blurt" these out and have even suppressed this sensitivity these later years. Especially after sharing some experiences with people in my church. Sometimes I've thought that my medical problems were from negative "forces/energies." I've had experience with being literally "assaulted" by negative attitudes where I get physically ill, etc.

Jeannette