****POLL: Bolood Type and FM/ CFS? What is yours?*****

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fivesue, Sep 21, 2005.

1. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I've been reading the book about diets for your blood type, and I was wondering if there is some sort of pattern in blood type among those of us who have this DD?

Many of us have been highly active and productive people until being felled by these DD...just wondering about blood types...or if we eat more in line with them, would we feel better? I surely don't know, and I can't even venture a guess. Just something I've been thinking about.

Mine is A+...

Answer if you want or have an opinion.

Sue

Sue

6:30 PM PDT...I've been reading others' ethnic background...I remember when that was posted. I am English/Irish/Polish...half English and quarter of the others. Fit the profile with very fair, redhead skin but brown hair. Dad was a redhead as a kid, but it has faded now. [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2005]
  2. suz9601

suz9601 Member

A+ HERE TOO..
  3. Frustratedandtired

Frustratedandtired New Member

A+ also.........
  4. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

There was a thread on this a while back that had a TON of answers to it. There have been new people who have joined since then but you may want to do a search on 'blood types' and use it further for comparison.

I'm 0-

Cheers,

Kim

5. LollieBoo

LollieBoo New Member

Years ago, I had a doc who showed me a picture of my blood- the year following I found the Eat Right 4 Your Type book and realized that my blood had been doing just what he'd said it would do! The dr at the time had said, "Look at that- You have 36 WBC that I can count in this one frame- most people have like 6! But here's the funny thing- they are all huddled into groups like they are having a conversation about how they might attack a foreign invader- but they are useless like that!"

Funnier yet, is that the modifications I'd made to my diet at that time (without having the book) had brought me more in line with how I should've been eating according to the book.

BTW, also, working in a health food store then, I had people come in who would say, "Tried Atkin's, but it made me feel worse," and then those who'd say the opposite- Same with vegetarian diets. I did an informal study, by asking all of these people their blood types- and it was eery how many of them were Os or As on the wrong track!

-L
  6. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I don't remember that post, so either I was gone or I missed it. I'll look for it and see what I find. Sorry to those of you to whom this is redundant!

I'll check. Thanks,
    sue
  7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I wasn't here until this year, so maybe many are in my shoes. It is a good thread...I'm going to go back and print the results.

But, there are a whole bunch of new people now...we'll see.

Sue
  8. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

Sue,

If you can find that thread and then get a huge response on this thread, compare and tally up...I would LOVE to see the results!

Boy, you opened a can of worms! lol

Chin up,

Kim
  9. atpeace

atpeace New Member

I'm plain 'ol O+

Lori
  10. bozey

bozey New Member

B+

bozey
  11. Fudge43

Fudge43 New Member

A+ ..... but what does it all mean ?
  12. Bailey-smom

Bailey-smom New Member

Kelly

ps
    i've always wanted to use the little moon guy!
  13. KJ2003

KJ2003 New Member

the last time this poll was taken, the A's had the majority. Very interesting!

Kim
  14. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Just a theory, Fudge...don't know what it will mean, but maybe it will mean something. Maybe you can help think or investigate...or theorize...or throw it all away! (-: Just something I was thinking about. If nothing more, we'll know who to call for blood donors! (-:

Diets! AAGH...never have to do a diet, Nancy. Not from me for sure. (-:
  15. Ridge-Runner

Ridge-Runner New Member

Also Irish/English/Welch/Dutch Ancestory
  16. Smiffy

Smiffy Member

A+ here too
    (English with Scottish ancestors)
  17. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

I think Dad is A and Mom is O. Funny that I get most of my traits from my Mom including her blood type. Interesting about the English ancestry - Dad's side is English and he is A, I'm assuming A+ since Mom didn't have any of those +/- problems.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/21/2005]
  18. Noz

Noz New Member

I am A+

I,ve looked into this before, I did a bit of data collecting & found more people were group A, I also found a significant number of group A patients who had stomach cancer,I have found other research that agreed with this finding,the theory from that research was that people with group A had lower acid levels in their stomach thus allowing bacteria/parasites to proliferate much easier.
    I wandered whether the people who had other blood groups perhaps took antacids to lower their acid levels thus having the same effect.I could find no evidence that the 'eat right for your blood group'had any significance.
    Noz
  19. HppeandMe

HppeandMe New Member

A+ Here too!!!
  20. nanday

nanday New Member

My blood type is A- The acidity in the stomach scares me though because I take antacids for the reflux. This fibro is just so massive in all that it includes in our systems!!

nanday