POLL can you describe your pain?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, May 24, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

Lets see how many people can describe the different types of pain we get from this DD's.
  2. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

Burning, throbbing pain in my upper back, shoulders, arms and legs. My feet burn and feel as though I have walked a 1000 miles in one day. I have pitting edema in my feet and my ankles swell up like watermelons. I suffer from grinding pain in my hips and my hands feel like they have been worked to death.

TxSongBird
  3. carebelle

carebelle New Member

4. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It just plain hurts and throbs,if it gets real bad it fells like my back is being pulled apart.My legs are achy.my knee throbs and there is piercing pain if I turn it the wrong way.

My hands are stiff and achy.My chest feels tight.My arms get tired and weak if I try to do anything repetitive or if I stretch.Linda
  5. cressida

cressida New Member

I feel as though a vice grip has been clenched onto my neck and is putting pressure on my whole body! OUCH!
  6. place

place New Member

pain with use of muscles, like tendonitis. But I feel like my tendon is pulling off the bone.
  7. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I get that in the tops of my arms.It really feels like the fat is being torn from the bone.very painful
  8. imabeatlelover

imabeatlelover New Member

Mostly lower back pain here. If I sit for more than 3 minutes it's agony to stand up and it takes 5 minutes and the use of a cane to get down the hallway to the rest of the house. But if I stand for more than a few minutes....the pain starts in again until I sit down. Guess I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't. Left shoulder pain and right hip pain and neck pain that will radiate until I have a headache also.
  9. Aberlaine

Aberlaine Member

I have aches in my elbows, but nothing like the pain in my lower back and hips (I think there are tender points there). The pain on the right side of my lower back is a stabbing pain (I suspect a herniated disk). The pain in my left hip is a burning pain. And like the post right before this, it's agony to get up in the morning. I have a cane right next to my bed which I use to get up. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to.

And if I sit too long at my computer, I can't straighten up without that stabbing pain in my back.
  10. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

Muscle tightness like the muscles are pulling off the bone in my neck, upper back, middle back, lower back and hips. Terrible sacroiliac pain, right worse than left, which actually started several years ago, not just my FM. Burning pain in feet whether I am walking, sitting, lying, anything. BAsically, just pain, pain, pain everywhere. :(
  11. thirkmom

thirkmom New Member

feels like a bad case of shin splints which run up the front and back of my calves, on top of my thighs, inside my legs, my outer thighs. Pain is severe and unrelenting. Intensity of pain changes from weather, stress, fatique,and illness. Sometimes I feel like I couldn't hurt worse if I had bone cancer. I hurt deep down inside my bones. LuAnn