POLL CFS How many had moms that smoke while preg.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, Apr 28, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

How many cfs sufferers had mothers who smoked while pregnant with them. My mom smoked, had german measles, and the doctor even put her on diet pills. I guess I am lucky I have all of my fingers and toes!
  2. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

3. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

Both my parents smoked. My dad has passed on, but my mom is still with us. She will be 70 in June and quit smoking 16 years ago. I smoked for 13 years, while I was pregnant with both my kids. I quit a year after Mom did. My son passed on 2 1/2 years ago of epilipsy, but my daughter is 27 and healthy. She doesn't smoke and never has. She also doesn't have CFS/FM...or at least not yet. I hope she never does.

God Bless.
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

it must be tough...i couldn't imagine...but good for you for quitting smoking w/all you have been through and still quit...your a winner in my book...

great big hugs to you,

jodie
  5. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

mine did and took some type of meds for morning sickness...i can't carry a baby to term...had two preemies...one severely disabled....my sister had preterm labor and bedrest...baby was fine...second preg, full term, baby breech....we rthink that is why she didnt' hve preterm labor the second time...mom took meds with both of us...and my brothers...one brother has no kids..other brother has a boy that is deaf....other son was on oxygen following birth..
  6. pepper

pepper New Member

My mom smoked while pregnant with all three of us and we all have lots of health problems.

Pepper
  7. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

My mother never smoked and neither have I.
  8. rachel432

rachel432 New Member

my mother never smoked while she was pregnant with me. but i always tease her that it's her fault that i have all these health problems because she went on a roller coaster when she was pregnant with me and didn't know it yet. it makes for an amusing way to blame the ever growing list of health problems on something.
    rachel
  9. Jordane

Jordane New Member

My mom smoked,during all her pregnancies.She had 11 of us!!
    No wonder she smoked,bless her heart.
    Most of my family did,father,brothers,sister,grandad.
    There are only a few of us left.
    My moms been gone 20+ yrs now (heart)
    My dad, just about as long.(cancer)

Take Care!!
    Jordane