POLL: CIGARETTES

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lcb212, Oct 12, 2006.

1. lcb212

lcb212 New Member

POLL:

How many of us have

do presently smoke cigarettes?

How long?
    Brands?

[This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  2. boltchik

boltchik New Member

I have never been a much of a smoker. The occasional one in my college party days. That's it, they taste bad and the smoke gives me a headache. Kim
  3. maedaze

maedaze New Member

I smoke tobacco, yep roll my own! Might sound weird to you guys, but over here it is really common, much cheaper.

Smoking actually helps my headaches, weird aye, but with out nicotine or caffine, blood does not flow!

I have been smoking for 20 odd yrs now. give or take a break here and there.
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

much, much cheaper. I make it on 10 dollars/ month while others pay 5 a pack (per day).

Anyways, 23 years and perfectly clean lungs. Cut down from 30/day to 5/day 3 1/2 years ago. And never indoors, or the car, or when going somewhere, this prevents me from having more than I "need".

I have no intention to quit my petty 5 a days'!
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and i hate it and everything about it...i wash my hands everytime i have one...

never in the car or around other people...i don't want to feel like i am killing them..

i will be quitting here really soon.. and this time i need it to be forever..

i have been doing it for about 6 years on and off...

jodie
  6. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

and don't worry about it much. I smoke about 5 cigs a day, sometimes skip days tho. I just figure it's my one vice and I enjoy it....Only smoke outside. I've started and stopped throughout the last 25 yrs, never been heavily hooked at all.

Please don't hate me...........:|...Hermit
  7. lcb212

lcb212 New Member

I smoke salem light 100's
    10 io 15 daily
    Do not expose anyone
    and hate the addiction.
    have tried numerous times
    and ways to quit
  8. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I used to smoke.. about 12 packets a week.

I gave up easily about 4 years ago by reading "The Easy Way to Stop Smoking" - by Alan Carr.

I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their health.

I read the book in one day, quit, then gave it to 2 of my friends who also quit. We are all non smokers 4 years later.

Take care all
    Michelle
  9. swiss

swiss New Member

I smoke too!

Michele
  10. mindbender

mindbender New Member

I roll my own, well the cigarette tubes are already rolled, I just have to use a machine to stuff them. It's tricky to learn but pays for itself over and over.

In the US there is the Cheap Tobacco Store. That is where I get it. If you're going to try it use the ZigZag Stuff.

and Cheep Tobacco Store tobacco (no I don't work for them)

Sorry' I forgot,25 yrs, like someone else said the cigarettes actually work in a possitive nature for me

non menthol
    [This Message was Edited on 10/13/2006]
  11. TKE

TKE New Member

Me too. Been smoking for about 36 years now. Actually had a doc tell me I'd never be able to quit because I'm too addicted! I do know my lungs are clear tho. I had tests done & actually got to see my lungs during a live X-ray.

My Huz was a smoker. He smoked for about 45-50 years. Started really young. At age 60 he laid his cigarettes down & hasn't smoked since. I wish I had that will power!
  12. wld285

wld285 New Member

Smoked Salem for about 30 yrs. After I tried (and failed) to quit last time, I went Marlboro lights. My husband never smoked, and now I am a closet smoker. Have also smoked outside for years. I am terribly addicted and hate it. Smoke about a pack every 3 days. Used to smoke a pack a day.
  13. marsupialmama

marsupialmama New Member

it never appealed to me. Don't ask me about chocolate though...

I would like to say how much I appreciate those who take care not to smoke around others, especially kids. Thank you! <applause>

And Good Luck to all those who are trying to quit!
  14. Lendy5

Lendy5 New Member

Never have and Never Will! It has just never interested me and no one in my family smokes.

I have heard it's the hardest addiction to overcome and I say congratulations on those who have quit or are trying to quit.

Love & Hugs!
    carolin
  15. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Thank you. There is no need for that.

Hugs!
  16. ddtestone

ddtestone New Member

Smoked Marlboro's almost 40 yrs. Began as teen. Switched to lights several years ago. I find it soothes me. Try to never inflict my smoke on others especially children.
    When i consciously want to I can cut back to 5-10 day but usually smoke 15-20. The insomnia has me smoking during the night when my family is sleeping. Clear lungs, my Dr. says if I am not going to quit tell her and she will not mention it again. Says I may be one of the folks who can smoke and never be bothered by it but the chances are there of cancer. Maybe fooling myself but think if did not have to combat insomnia and pain of fibro plus fatigue would smoke less or not at all.
  17. fieldmouse

fieldmouse New Member

I am a smoker....stopped for about 5 years and then when I got sick with colitis I smoked occasionally and realized it helped my colitis. Asked my GI doc about it and he told me that nicotine actually controlled colitis. Wish he hadn't told me that cuz now I am a full blown smoker again. I only have to take my colitis meds occasionally now but I do realize its not worth smoking to control it. Probably the meds are safer than smoking but who really knows. Its my only vise and I deal with it...Mick!!
  18. pamj

pamj New Member

never have, never will... being anywhere near it is very toxic to me. Even if someone had one outside & then came in, the smell on their clothing makes me very ill.

I still question that my parents smoking in the house all my life growing up, may have damaged my immune system. I was constantly sick with sinus infections, throat problems, and more as a child.

When I became ill 5 years ago, I spent 2 weeks in England & Holland just a day after coming down with a headcold. I got sicker & sicker being around the smoking everywhere (even in our friends homes), and by the time I got back I was so sick (sinus infection & bronchial infection with high fever), I never recovered.

I don't mean to sound judgemental, because I really don't understand the addiction... I just don't understand how anyone who has a chronic illness can continue to put poison into their body. I would think that the desire to be healthy would make you stop immediately & deal with the withdrawal. The "clean lungs" doesn't mean that it's not harming the rest of your body with toxins.

take care,
    Pam
  19. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

have I smoked.
    I get migraines just being around cigarette smoke.
    I was a flight attendant from 1970-1978 when smoking was permitted on flights. So, I was exposed to tons of second hand smoke for 8 straight years. Somehow I survived it back then.

Now I have to leave the area if someone is smoking, it triggers instant migraines!
    Mini
  20. supergirl99

supergirl99 New Member

Stopped about 4 years ago. I stopped (and many of my friends and family for that matter) using a book called -

Alan Carrs easy way to stop smoking.

He has clinics as well all over the world and he used to be a 100 a dayer so he is not patronising like some of the dictors who tell you 'you just need will power' and have never had a puff in their lives!

Would recommend people try it (nothing to loose after all - but much to gain)

x