Poll...DVD "Fibromyalgia: Show Me Where It Hurts"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat2002, Nov 6, 2006.

1. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

I am curious:
    1) How many of us have seen this DVD, and
    2) For those who have seen it, what do you think?

Anyone is welcome to answer!

Thanks,
    Kat
  2. mrpain

mrpain New Member

No I haven't seen it so I can't procede to question 2.......but I will check back to see what others think.
  3. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

1. have not seen
    2. I think there was a previous post of this, you might do a search

Take care,
    Susan07
  4. foggygirl

foggygirl New Member

Yes, I bought it.

On one hand I liked it in that it shows hope and gives a "hint" as to where we are coming from. I do wish they'd been more specific on the effects of this disease and had gone into more detail. I also wish they'd told us exactly what the treatment plan was.

I feel it was a "start" but could have been better.

Foggygirl
  5. kat2002

kat2002 New Member

Thanks to you all for your responses!

As someone who keeps up with the latest research regarding FMS, I found the DVD to be very informative. I am going to share it with my PCP in the hopes it will help her treat other fibro patients too. In my post titled "Requip" I mention that the Dopamine Hypothesis makes a lot of sense to me.

The DVD might not be as appealing to the newly diagnosed, or maybe for some family members of those with fibro. However, my mother and my twelve year old son watched it with me. It did seem to help my son understand better why I have physical limitations. And when cognitive difficulties were covered, he said "so that's why you forget things alot", LOL.

Hoping for better days for us all,
    Kat
  6. beeleaf

beeleaf New Member

until now.