Poll FEN PHEN DIET

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cinnveet, Mar 29, 2006.

1. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I had a Dr. put me on the Fen Phen Diet. I lost alot of weight and felt great while on the medicine. I had energy and was looking great.

After they took it off the market and I stopped taking it, of course I gained all the weight back and then some.

I am now wondering if this diet is a cause to some of my problems? I was on the Fen Phen for 2 years.

Has anyone else taken Fen Phen? And if so do you think it may have caused you problems as well?

Thanks!
    cindy
  2. leubie

leubie New Member

Cindy ,I too took those diet pills---and lost alot of weight and felt great. I wish I could take them now!!!!!! I do not think it had any thing to do with my probelms now. LOVE TO ALL---------LAURA
  3. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I too wish they still had Fen Phen but a safer version.

Those 2 years were proably the best 2 years I had. I destroyed all the pictures I had of myself, as it was too depressing to look at how good I was looking.

I had so much energy back then I kept in shape at a gym.
    Now if I were to find enough energy to make it to a gym, it would only make this DD worse.

Oh well its just a memory now.

cindy
  4. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

I am going to bump for more replys
  5. Teresa6868

Teresa6868 New Member

I was on it also and did fantastic. While trying to get a diagnosis for my Fibromyalgia is when they discovered my heart murmer I now have from taking it though!!

Teresa
  6. deb06

deb06 New Member

I was so hot when I was on that diet. Of course the only thing to work for fat people would have to kill them right?

I was only on it for 3 months, but continued to lose about 45 lbs.

I am fat again now, but wish I felt and looked like I did then.

Deb
  7. labrat59

labrat59 New Member

Best two years of my life, could eat what ever I wanted just alot less and the weight just fell off. Don't know if it can be linked to this DD but who knows.
  8. cinnveet

cinnveet New Member

if Dr's have anything else we can use that will work and be safer?
    cindy
  9. leubie

leubie New Member

Cindy, Hey!!!How are you??? If they had something new or the fen phen- I would take it in a heartbeat(haha). That was when i felt the best and looked the best. I am really depressed mabout my weight and how I look---but i have not exercised in 2 years(since my dx) I used to try-but i work 40 hours a week now(3 years ago--only 20 hours)----Maybe if I could start walking??????I really do want to look and feel better. Im seperated now because of my issues w/ my illnesses and how my image of myself!!!!!OH WELL----ONE DAY??????????LOVE TO ALL-----LAURA

[ advertisement ]