Poll: FFC and IV's?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jane32, Nov 17, 2005.

1. jane32

jane32 New Member

1. How many of you have tried or planning on trying the IV's?
    2. How many do you plan on getting or have you received?
    3. Do you find they help?
    4. Are you doing the standard or viral ones?
    5. Have you had any reactions?

for me...
    1. Yes
    2. I have had four.
    3. I think they help a little but I am also very optimistic in anything I start.
    4. I have just had the standard ones but would like to try the antiviral.
    5. None so far but I am very tired and drained the day I receive them. I also feel a little sick to my stomach. It may be a stress reaction for me though!
    [This Message was Edited on 12/29/2005]
  2. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I have had at least 15. At first they made me feel worse the day of and the day after then I went back to my normal FM self. Now they only make me feel bad the day of. I'm not sure if they help or if it is the antibiotics and supplements. I suspect it is a combination of all of the above. I haven't had one in six weeks now. Mainly because I missed one week and one thing led to another before I knew it it had been 6 weeks. I don't feel worse since not having them.

I think it is hartd to tell because everyone reacts so differently and are fighting different things they have been battleing for different amounts of time.

Take Care Lynn
  3. jane32

jane32 New Member

4. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

I've had 2 at the FFC. I couldn't tell any difference good or bad. Just the standard ones. No reactions, nothing.

Meow
  5. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

I have been getting the anti-viral and I seem to feel better and have more energy the next day. I thought it would make me herx so I was pleasantly surprised.

When I first started in April, I received the standard and it did nothing for me. I think my body was so overloaded that even that didn't help. So Dr. B. told me to hold off on them for a little while.

I get the anti-viral every 3 weeks when I go in for blood work.

Sandy