POLL? HAS GUAIFENESIN HELPED YOU. YES/NO

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 9974, Aug 16, 2003.

1. 9974

9974 New Member

I've been on it for 4 months hasn't done anything for me!

Thanks
    Lonnie
  2. nancyb16

nancyb16 New Member

I have been on the protocol for about 6 months and Should be due for a mapping, which will be one way to tell and according to Dr St Amand it is one of the best ways to see your response to Guai.I think I am cycling on 1200mg and I know I have much more pain and depression and brain symptoms than before the quai, and I have some really great days, I have started to take antidepresent so I can continue to function until I have more clearing, and I now take a stronger pain medication in order to sleep without waking up with spasms, or backpain. Oh, by the way I started excercising 3xweek using the curves system of excercise and weightloss, and have managed to lose 30# so far and lowered my blood pressure to normal range, still on BP medication. Some of the things have been good and some have been bad especially the depression and pain, but this protocol is not for the faint hearted. I've had this disease for 30+ years and I'm sure I'll be better in 5 years from now than if I never took the chance. I'm counting on being successful with this protocol.Glad to be on Guai and recently added taking Ca citrate alone with meals to speed up my phosphate elimination. Keep on looking into following the protocol.Love Nancyb16
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

You didn't say whether you have increased the dose and whether you have double checked your personal-care items for sals. If you've been on the same dose for four months without results, the dose is obviously too low.

Love, Mikie
  4. pixipip

pixipip New Member

I've been taking guai for about 12mns, I've had great results but did have problems when I came into contact with sals in disinfectant, it took me weeks to figure out what the problem was. My doc and my Mum both think it could just be coinsidental good timing 'bit of a story'; I've had fms all my life, it was just growing pains, was misdiognosed , and told it must all be in head , usual stuff, anyway I had my first son at nineteen, when he was somewhere between 4 & 6 months I got real sick, Gp siad it was non-specific arthratic disorder" bless him, no one in Briton had heard of fms then but I think that's quite an apt discription", when my eldest was between 5&6yrs I started improving, didn't get back to where I was before I had him though; then at 30 I had my youngest son, again when he was about 4-6 months I started to get really sick again only this time I carried on getting sicker until I ended up in a chair, he is just turning 6yrs and they think my recent improvement is just down to the amount of time it takes before my body starts to recover from child birth. I think I might have proof either way soon cos I only have a few days supply left and I can't find anywhere that sells it in this country and I don't have a credit card so I can't buy over the net, I'll let you know what happens.
    Hope you have good results with your poll, I'll be keeping an eye out.
    Love & Light,
    Jacqui.