POLL .How many have had shingles under the age of 50?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by CanBrit, May 29, 2006.

1. 1slade

1slade New Member

I had my first case of shingles when I was 26 and pregnant. It was on my neck by my collar bone. I have had them close to the same spot 3 other times since then, I am now 28. luckily I had a mild case all three times. I woke up last night with the worst sharp stinging pain In my back below my shoulder blade. It feels like it did the last time I got them only this is the first time in this spot and hurts worse then the 3 previous times. Hoping that's not what this is!
  2. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

thankfully, I'm 74.<BR>
    <BR>
    I do take Lysine pretty much daily, and this ammino acid works against this type condition. <BR>
    <BR>
    Too, perhaps the grapeseed extract I've taken for a long time has given me protection too....think about the grapseed ex for yourself.
  3. PartyOf9

PartyOf9 New Member

My 1st outbreak was at 19. I got them about once a year for a long time than started getting them more often. Now at 39 I'm getting them almost every other month. I keep getting them near the same place, upper left cheek (back side, not face).