poll: how many pills do you swallow each day?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bigmama2, Jan 16, 2007.

1. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

My whole life I hated swallowing pills (because I choke and gag on them) and refused to do so unless it was absolutely necessary. How my mom pleaded with me to take a darn vitamin pill each day. I was the one who wouldn't take a tylenol for anything. My how things have changed!

NOw I take about 20 - 25 pills a day. All but 3 are non RX.-regular stuff like vitamins, minerals, fish oil, etc. It is a struggle to take them all but I feel that I must if I want a chance to get better. Actually I wish I could force myself to take even more but I just can't. to go from zero a day to 25 in all I can handle!!!

I have a close friend who also has bad health problems alos and he can swallow like 10 pills at a time! I am so jealous. I have to do it one by one , and sometimes I still choke.

How about you??
  2. evol_or_revert

evol_or_revert New Member

3 prescription ones and about 20 other stuff. I dont want to stop taking them as im not sure which ones are helping me. So I just cut out one at a time and test.

I divide mine in to 3 groups for each meal and take them as I eat makes thing much easier.

evol
  3. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I take between 10 - 15 pills a day depending on how many pain pills I have to take. All but one of these pills is Rx. I don't take any supplements.
  4. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

30-40. Three drugs (Lamictal, Klonopin and Famvir), a bunch of hormones, a few herbs, a couple of amino acids, digestive and probiotic supplements, some fish oil, and vitamins/minerals.

I can take about 10 pills at a time, so it's really not that big of an ordeal.
  5. JLH

JLH New Member

I take 17 pills in the AM,

14 at 6 pm,

and 4 plus an insulin shot at bedtime.

All of these, except for 3 are prescription. (I have a lot of medical problems--see bio.)

jlh
  6. Catseye

Catseye Member

About 50-60 every day. Alot of them are amino acids and digestive enzymes and I also some vitamin, mineral, amino and antioxidant powders in addition to the pills. I swallow the pills a handful at a time, too. They are mostly things that are in food.

If any smartypants thinks I'm sick because I take so many pills, I had to work up to this amount and this is what makes me able to function. My liver and digestive system are unable to adequately extract and process the nutrients my body needs from the food I eat, which is all healthy, BTW. I eat absolutely no junk, only drink fruit juice, veggie juice or water, and I eat mostly veggies. I keep improving everyday so I think eventually I won't need all these.

I suffered in bed for the better part of 3 years and had to figure out what to do for myself. I've seen 10 doctors and several ER doctors who all said I couldn't walk because I was depressed. Malnourished was more like it.

Last week, for a couple of days I neglected to take some aminos and felt crappy for 2 days afterwards. If I need it, I'm darn well going to take it even if it sounds like too much. Heck, what does radiation therapy sound like?

gotta go! pill time!

it's always pill time at my house

karen
  7. pw7575

pw7575 New Member

Ok my sister thought I was bad with 6 pills a day...she should read this post. She can't swallow pills at all so she thinks six is crazy.

Currently I take 6 pills a day but that is about to go up by a lot since I am about to start adding in a lot of new supplements. None of mine are prescription. Just vitamins and minerals and CoQ10 at the moment.

I am sure soon I will be up to 20 with the rest of you. Lucky us! Hey you gotta do what you gotta do :)

Take Care,
    Pam
  8. Jordane

Jordane New Member

I take 19 pills a day.

All Prescription.

I am amazed at the amount some of you are taking!!!
    WOW.

Take Care!!:>)
    Jordane
  9. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

I'm on two different prescription meds: tramadol and amitriptyline (doc says ok to take both because I'm only taking 10mg of amitriptyline).

I generally take the tramadol twice a day, but sometimes three times a day and then the amitriptyline once at night. So that's generally 5 pills a day, max seven.

They don't give me very much relief in regards to pain, but I don't want to take narcotics. :(

Kat
  10. woofmom

woofmom New Member

I take about 25 pills a day. All supplements except for benadryl and musinex.
  11. Mwitherite

Mwitherite New Member

6 tramadol
    4 cyclobenzaprine (sometimes 6)
    2 grape seed
    2 omega
    1 multivitamin
    1 ambien cr
  12. natesmommie1

natesmommie1 New Member

I take about 10in am,and 10pm
    Bernadette
  13. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

bigmama2:

I take about thirty a day. Mainly precibed drugs from the neurologist, urlogist, fibrdoc, etc. etc.

I am used to it by now. Years ago I took one.

How things change when one gets fibromyalgia.

nyrofan